Menu
RocketingRon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

New Hub

I'm trying to connect my mobile phone to Virgin Media Connect app but it says my present hub is out of date and I need a new hub 3.

How do I get one free, if possible?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub

Hi RocketingRon,

Thanks for your post and sorry for the delayed reply.

Have you managed to get the new hub since posting?

If not, let me know and I can look into this further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
RocketingRon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I tried online using my phone but because of the small text and my not so good eyesight and thick fingers and it seemed that I would have to start a new contract £20 a month more than I am paying even although it said it would be free, I gave up.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi RocketingRon

If you can give the team a quick call on 150 from any Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 they'll be able to look into this further for you and get it sorted.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
RocketingRon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I called 150 and was told that the street would need to get a speed upgrade and I would also have to upgrade my speed before I could get a Hub 3.

Ronald

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Another blatant lie from offshore - anyone with a faulty old Hub gets a Hub3 replacement.  Dont bother with them any more - call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [early is best!]) you usually get a UK call centre (it could still be a 30’+ wait though) who are much more flexible. Tell them you are thinking of leaving for Sky/BT unless you can sort this out and they will sort you.  You could just insist on a technician visit to fix "their" equipment that is no longer working - he or she will not waste a nanosecond before just swapping it out.
They may also try and sell you an upgrade in lieu of signing a new 12mo contract - but it will certainly be a much better deal than anything offshore can do - so dont dismiss it out of hand see what they offer and the price first - its often better for the same monthly price (or even less) as they just want to retain customers on another 1 year contract.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi RocketingRon,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your broadband and in trying to process an upgrade.

Just to confirm, when you say "it said it would be free" are you referring to a particular letter or email you've received advising you to upgrade? If so, this is certainly something we can take a look at for you.

As jbrennand has advised, we would usually replace any faulty equipment free of charge. If you have not received any communication regarding a free upgrade, we can still take a look at your account to work through any service issues you may be experiencing. Are you having any problems using your broadband or is it just that the older models aren't fully linked with our new app?

I can't see any issues from our end, although it does look like it's been a good while since your equipment has been refreshed. If you're having intermittent connectivity issues, it may be worth performing a reboot or factory reset to give the hub a virtual kick. Do let us know whether this helps at all and what information you've had regarding a new hub.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Rachael_F wrote:

. Do let us know whether this helps at all and what information you've had regarding a new hub. Thanks, Rachael

Why don't you stop prevaricating and just arrange to send him a new Hub3 to replace the museum piece (that is not fit for his purpose of using a VM App) you have lumbered him with ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi jbrennand,

I appreciate your concern and would like to reassure you that I plan on assisting RocketingRon to the best of my ability. However, how we approach this and the answers we give would depend entirely on the situation itself.

As advised, if we have reached out with an offer of a free upgrade, this should certainly be honoured and is something we can take a look at via private message. Similarly, if a customer is experiencing service issues which cannot be resolved via other methods, we would of course replace the equipment free of charge.

However, there are certain cases in which a customer requests to upgrade their equipment outside of these conditions where a charge would be applied. Although the SuperHub2ac is some of our older equipment, it is not currently a requirement to upgrade. I was hoping to garner more pertinent information so I could advise further in the appropriate manner. Once I have the relevant details from RocketingRon regarding the upgrade and any offers, I would then be able to proceed accordingly.

As a number of our superusers have mentioned recently, our community forums are far more beneficial when we keep as much information public as possible. As there could be a number of circumstances leading to RocketingRon's problem, I wished to clarify before bringing him in for a private message in order to provide as much wider education as possible. This enables me to provide further details on general processes and troubleshooting activities for any customers with similar concerns. As soon as we have a response, we will be able to reply accordingly, hopefully clarifying for others whilst doing so, and then perform any necessary action - moving the conversation to a private channel as and when appropriate.

Thanks,

Rachael

jbrennand
Legend
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Excellent. Hope you sort it soon.

--------------------
0 Kudos