Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Hub 3 Not Working - Old Router OK

Hi, received a new Hub 3.0 a couple of days ago after signing up for a new package. Existing customer with an old hub (VMDG480) that works fine.

Tried installing the Hub 3.0 last night; followed quick start guide.

White light flashes for a while, then went green with the WiFi light also coming on, a couple of minutes later the lower light went steady white as expected.

Connected phone by WiFi, connected OK, but no internet connection. Asking me to login like it does on public WiFi, followed that link and got a router page saying internet not working with a big red circular button that says something like 'fix'. Tapping it slowly ticks round to 100%, then says that either the internet is down, or there is an IPv4 problem.

Switched it off to try again, similar start up lights and another steady white light, but same issue. Left overnight in case it needed time, but no change.

Connected another phone and iPad, same symptoms, WiFi connected, but no internet and redirected to a login page.

Connected old router and it works fine (it's what I am using now).

Any suggestions on what to try next?

I think I have an old laptop with a network port somewhere if a wired connection would help with diagnosis.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub 3 Not Working - Old Router OK

If the old Hub works and the new one doesn't it means the new one hasn't been activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub 3 Not Working - Old Router OK

FIXED

Thanks for the very fast advice, contacted the activation team you suggested on the phone and all working now.

0 Kudos