Menu
micycle
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Need engineer visit

When I signed up in store, I thought there was an existing VM connection at my house (so I opted for quickstart). I was wrong (it was an older connection type -- not fibre), so I called the sales rep to say I needed an engineer visit instead (they said the order would be amended), but I received the quickstart pack this weekend -- not a visit! So, I need an engineer visit arranged.

I did try to call and get this sorted but could never get through to anyone and there's no way to arrange such things through the 'My Virgin Media' portal, hence this forum post.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need engineer visit

what do you mean the old type.

The coax connection has not changed in 30 years. The old type is still the new type

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
micycle
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You're right -- what I assumed to be TV related was the (unmarked) VM box.

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So you have it working?

And yes, Fibre is not Fibre, unless you buy from a Fibre provider.  BT is also not Fibre for their Fibre products.

Some Fibre providers have asked for Clairty but BT and VM say that users are clearly understanding what Fibre is and adverts shouldn't be changed.

It took 10 years in court for a Fibre provider to be told that it's okay for VM and BT to use Fibre on non-Fibre products.

Course...

Virgin media is now selling Fibre broadband, so one has to wonder how they will differentiate between Fibre and Fibre (that's not Fibre).

Ugh, I have gone off on one again.

So is your stuff working now?

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you're offered Quickstart it's because there is cable to the property and the possibility of a DIY installation. You should try and get your kit connected although the socket will look different to the current type, come back here if you have a problem.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
micycle
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it's working now.
0 Kudos