Menu
MAnderson70
Up to speed
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Longer cables needed - Can anyone help?

Hi. Would be very grateful for any advice that can be given.

Our broadband was installed quite some time ago using 'Telewest' equipment. Although the routers have obviously been replaced, the cables are the same, but not very long. For years I've wanted to move things around in the house but have been limited due to the cables from our boxes being so short. 

What I need to know is, can you buy the cables I have, and if so, can anyone recommend where to get them...or even if VM would supply them  (I understand there would be a cost). I have read some topics on this sort of issue and am none the wiser over whether you need isolator cables or not. I've  added some pictures of my wiring to let you see my hardware. I'm running a Hub 3.0 and have a Tivo box if that helps. The connection into my Hub is the same as the connections in the second picture but with an attenuator (the black wire is for the phone line, if I'm correct). 

Many thanks! 

MarkIMG_20210504_200021.jpgIMG_20210504_200101.jpgIMG_20210504_200900.jpg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Longer cables needed - Can anyone help?

The cabling forms part of VM's network, and should only be installed, maintained, amended & serviced by VM themselves.

You can arrange this as a non-fault tech visit which will cost £99. Unfortunately, VM are not currently undertaking non-fault visits so it's a moot point until that policy changes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos