Menu
MC99
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Joining and Leaving Virgin

Hi all,

I've been with Virgin for about 2 years now, but I'm thinking of going back to Sky to get more channels since Virgin have lost a couple (and don't have Atlantic). If I were to leave and think I made the wrong choice, how long would I need to wait to come back to Virgin?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Joining and Leaving Virgin

You don't have to leave Virgin Media. One option is to buy a NOW TV Smart Stick for £20 and subscribe to the NOW TV Entertainment Pass which costs £7.99pm which gives you 11 live channels including Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living, FOX, MTV and Vice.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

You don't have to leave Virgin Media. One option is to buy a NOW TV Smart Stick for £20 and subscribe to the NOW TV Entertainment Pass which costs £7.99pm which gives you 11 live channels including Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living, FOX, MTV and Vice.

Seconded - its what I do for specific programmes like Game of Thrones and True Detective.  Another thing is that you don't need to keep the subscription going once the "good" programmes stop - you can just buy monthly passes (also get them on eBay) to whatch in "bursts".  I use a smart "box" though - the latest one has an port for more stable ethernet connection.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have to say that I'm surprised that John Lewis is selling the NOW TV Smart Box with 4K and Voice Search for £29.99. However, it still streams its HD content at 720p I believe.

https://www.johnlewis.com/now-tv-smart-tv-box-4k-hdr-with-voice-search/p3791551

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos