Menu
SirThomas
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issues with recent TV installation...

Hello there Chaps,
Have noticed that our recent install has resulted in a big chunk out of the wall and the cover (which has had an entire tube of silicone squirted around, not into, the hole) has fallen off.

>So the cable entry point isn't watertight, not drilled downwards or cable even pinned to the wall properly - There's damage that needs repairing. The drill hole itself is big enough for a 100-pair cable and the coax is only held aloft by the isolator indoors.

The installer was in such a hurry as "it was his last job of the day".
Having mentioned that I could pin the cables more tidily at a later point if necessary (I'm nice like that) - It would have been nice to be told that the cable had not even in fact, been fully attached to the house, but laid loose over the roof and only pinned 6ft up the exterior, with a single clip at the top! Perhaps it was a third-party contractor, as even the coax is low grade paper/steel RG6...

So in short, along with a spattering of billing issues this year - I'm a trifle peeved.

What say you, Virgin?
Tom
IMG_0431.jpg

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with recent TV installation...

I can't see the image yet but triple shielded RG6 is the correct cable for virgin media

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Quickest way is to get a tube of clear adhesive/caulking and re-affix the cover. You’ll waste a lot of time and patience getting VM to do it. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello SirThomas,

Welcome to our community forums, I am very sorry to hear you have had this happen, I will need to send you a private message to look into this.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos