Menu
Jeremyevans63
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation

Hi I am thinking of getting Virgin broadband with a new virgin TV package. I currently have bt infinity. Is the broadband distribution strength as good as I have a three storey townhouse and the bt infinity works on all three floors easily, is Virgin broadband as strong ?

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

I've responded to your other post. Please don't post multiple times about the same thing.

0 Kudos
Jeremyevans63
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry it is not about the same thing to me, one is about if I need hard connections to virgin boxes the other is about signal strength. I find your answer very rude and if this is an example of Virgin support then not sure it is a great example, I might not be a ‘techy’ Type person like most people on this forum so to you they might be similar but to a novice like me they are different.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The vast majority of the people posting here are not VM employees but other customers and users, some however do have a considerable degree of technical knowledge of network infrastructure and IT in general, and can offer useful advice and help - having said that there are a couple of VM employees here but their posts and opinions are their own and not necessarily VMs. Naturally there are some 'official' VM staff here and you can identify those by the VM infinity logo by their names.

Now to answer your question, it's generally accepted that the wifi on the VM Hub is woeful, VM do offer what they call boosters but are actually extenders, in a sort of recognition that there are issues with it. In addition the features that the firewall section of the hub offer are fairly basic - but for the vast majority of users these in themselves won't be a problem. We are all aware that wifi is an odd thing, works one minute and not the next, horribly susceptible to  interference etc. so it's quite possible that in your situation the VM hub will work perfectly. But if not then the best advise is to purchase your own wifi router, put the VM hub into what's called modem mode (which cuts out the routing and wifi features of it) and just configure and use your own equipment.

Best wishes

John

0 Kudos