Menu
Collette8
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4

I was given a hub 4 and ever since have had issues connecting devices to the WiFi the worst one for dropping off the internet is my Alexa.  So after many calls to complain eventually I get a call from the CEO's office only to be told that their hub 4 only allows the latest devices to connect so the Alexa I've had for a year and a half is rendered useless now.  I was never advised of this when changing the hub (never had an issues with the hub 3) and Virgin complaints team now tell me to take it up with Amazon as it's their issue with old tech.  Well thanks very much Virgin I've got an echo and a firestick that's useless... Tell you what you take back your hub 4 and I'll keep my products and get WiFi from someone else.... Helpful NOT !!!!! Disgusted after being a customer for over twenty years

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4

"I get a call from the CEO's office only to be told that their hub 4 only allows the latest devices to connect"

total rubbish
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2.4 GHz is 2.4GHz

5Ghz is 5GHz

I wonder what has changed apart from nothing.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette8, thanks for getting in touch - apologies for the delayed response, and any problems you've encountered with WiFi since upgrading to the hub4. 

I'm not sure why you were told your devices aren't compatible with the new hub that's certainly not correct. I've taken a look from here and there are no known faults or obvious issues, everything appears to be functioning as expected. 

If you're still having problems now - have you noticed if wired connections are impacted too, or does the problem seem to lie with WiFi specifically? If it's solely wireless performance that's an issue please try going through the WiFi troubleshooting tips here (virg.in/wifihelp) & here (virg.in/WiFiwins) and let us know how you get on.

Tom 

0 Kudos