Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

How do I get the installation team to actually turn up?

Hi does anyone know how to actually speak to someone who can help with our installation. We’ve signed up for the ultimate Oomph package but we were told a team would need to come out prior to installation to push the cable through and create a small man hole on our road (it’s a private road which we own, so not a problem). But this team were supposed to come out last week and do the work and didn’t bother. Our installation was actually set for today and we waited around and nobody came. I actually took the day off work, unpaid. When I looked on online mid morning Virgin had put it back to the 11th for the road work team and our installation to the 21st September (this is now too late). When I checked again 30 mins ago the road team has put the date back again to the 16th. I can’t get any more time off work and Virgin have told me I need to be at home. What do people do in these situations? Do you just cancel and forget the whole service or is there a way of escalating the issue? The number the installation team gave me was 08000 521 734 but I can’t seem to speak to anyone in installations on that number. Thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get the installation team to actually turn up?

Good morning @Lkp22 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I have just taken a look into this with the information you have signed up to the forums with. 

We have pushed back the pre-pull to the 11th, unfortunately without the pre-pull work being done we wouldn't be able to install the services. Once the pre-pull has been completed we would then be able to look at moving the insulation date forward. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No Zak you’ve got the date wrong it’s the 16th. This is the third date that your contractor has submitted for pre pull work. I just don’t think it’s going to happen now. This delay has cost me £334 so far and I can’t take anymore time off work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I will agree it is confusing.

There are THREE teams that need to complete the work.

1) Construction team to do the digging & ducting.

2) Pre-pull team to install the cable from the cabinet.

3) Internal install in the house.

The trick is getting these co-ordinated.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes number 1 is done. In fact it was done 6 months ago after 3 years of us asking, number 2 appears to be a problem for Virgin although the prepull guys turned up last Wednesday afternoon 2 days late and said yes the prepull needed to happen. That was supposed to happen last Friday before installation on Monday. I took the days off work (unpaid) nobody turned up and nobody contacted us. I’m £334 out of pocket. They have until Friday. After which we will cancel. Virgin don’t care, I mean it’s only £133 a month to them. So we as a new customer are of no consequence. Take note people, none existent customer service means no service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me, 

completely my fault read the wrong date. 

I am going to area field manager and see what the situation is and if we can get any further information. 

I will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It is fustrating that a communications company has a distinct lack of communication with their customers

I had a few weeks of messing about and was just given misinformation, broken promises and on a few occasions, blatant lies.

My cable pre pull was done on the same day of install, they were still pulling the cable to house when the inside install engineer turned up

This only happened as Hollie_B on these forums intervened and got things moving

It seems the only way to get any decent information and things happening is by the staff on these forums chipping in

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So another day and another date change for the pull. It got changed on Monday to 16/09 and then last night it got changed again to today (10th) surprise, surprise nobody showed. And now my neighbour 2 doors down has not had his prepull or installation. I do wonder how Virgin can survive as a ‘communications’ business when it doesn’t provide any service or want to get paid. What’s hilarious is that they will lie to your face in what appears to be this stupid and ridiculous idea that what they are doing is normal and perfectly ok and customers should just accept that this is how a company should act. Absolute joke. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ok so at 3pm I’ve phone the installation team (I had another date change again this morning,11th, to today). This team seems to think that they will come again today! Apparently they need to do a survey, no they did this 10 days ago (I said). Bare faced lies. Right here’s the issue Virgin that’s going to have serious consequences, you laid a cable to my other next door neighbour across our property without our permission. You did this by digging up our drive whilst we were not home. My neighbour has your service. We have requested your service but you seem to be unwilling to provide it to us on the dates you agreed with us. How do you intend to rectify this issue? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I am still waiting for the AFM to come back to me, my manager has also chased them for a response. 

As soon as I have any more information I will provide you with this. 

Kind regards 

Zak_M

0 Kudos