Menu
ausdiver
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HUB 3.0 keeps resetting password and SSID

Over the past few weeks my broadband has been dropping intermittently. I contacted Virgin a few times to find out what the problem was but got very little sense from the overseas agent, I am not sure he had all the information. Since this settled down everytime I switch off my Hub it resets to the default password and SSID. This is very annoying and would like to know if anyone has any idea why this is happenning. I have resetted by inserting a clip into the reset button as mentioned in other posts but this has not corrected it.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 3.0 keeps resetting password and SSID

Can you put the hub in modem mode with a PC/laptop get internet then power off the hub for as long as you normally have it off for then on see if its still in modem mode if not you need a new hub.

Note that the hub is best left on aways.

0 Kudos
ausdiver
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Alessandro, thanks for the reply. I have tried that and it keeps resetting. I have had the Hub for a few years and no problems until the last few weeks.

Any idea how I can request this to be replaced without phoning up and losing the will to live first waiting to get answered and then explaining the problem at least 5 times before it is understood what I am asking. I know I sound cynical but as I am sure most people on here have been through the same.

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you're lucky the VM forum team will pick this up and sort it out - they're usually very helpful with things like this, but the team isn't resourced for fast and universal responses, so sometimes it takes a few days.

If you don't want to wait, phone up the UK based retentions team and tell them you're leaving because the service is unreliable.

Dial 150 if you've got a VM landline or 0345 454 1111, and select options 1, 1, 4, 5, with that last one being "thinking of leaving".  They're usually pretty good at sorting things out.

Note that if you hear a message along the lines "your telephone passcode doesn't allow this option, we are transferring your call to our team to help" then you will be put through to the offshore call centre and you will have to set a new password.  When that's done, explain you want to cancel, and they should transfer you to the UK retentions team, or if you redial a bit later when the systems have registered that you now have a compliant telephone passcode, you'll find that the 1, 1, 4, 5 option will now connect you directly.

0 Kudos
ausdiver
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Andruser, Hopefully I will get a response from the forum as in the past they have always been the most helpful.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ausdiver,

Thanks for your post.

It sounds like you've been having some issues with your hub, and I'd like to help you to get this sorted out. Sorry about this.

From reading your post, it's something I'll need to take your details for, so I'll pop you a private message. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of the page.

Speak to you there,

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
ausdiver
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Melissa.

0 Kudos
Forum Team