I am on a contract that has 100 speeds and landline for around £18pm

Thank you for your constant advice - it's appreciated

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 22 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: External Installation Not Completed

That's pretty cheap I'll admit. Wonder if Virgin knew that the Full fibre was available in your area. lol

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
DR1409
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, found a good deal at the time. 

I spoke to the VM team again today, spoke to 3 different people who all are insisting the external work will be done today (just like they did the last two days) and are promising that my installation on Monday will go ahead as planned. The irony that they keep saying "trust us". 

Is there anything I can do if they do not install on Monday due to the cable pull not being done?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 24 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@DR1409 wrote:

Is there anything I can do if they do not install on Monday due to the cable pull not being done?

In all honesty, NO.

All you can do is keep pursuing it to keep communications open and keep your name and address coming up.

However the best way to do that is via this forum so opening this up is a good step.

I'm guessing you've seen no work going on in the street today?

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

0 Kudos
DR1409
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely no work what so ever. I feel like one of those window cats just staring at the cars going by. I've been keeping an eye on the green box down the road too but nothing.

It honestly just feels like no one cares at all - I really thought there would be better customer service. I cannot tell you how many times they have repeated the same line "I promise they will come today, don't worry they will come".

I've submitted a complaint too and I'll persist with the calls and hopefully get a reliable answer somewhere. 

Didn't think I could be so sick of of a company before even receiving any service - it's laughable

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 26 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I know its not ideal in the slightest.... I'm going to try get this flagged for attention

DR1409
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much, I appreciate that a lot.

Also I wanted to know how VM do their take over. Is it only done once VM successfully does their installation?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 28 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I honestly not sure in this circumstance, I would expect so, but I'm only familiar with migrations on the same line when it comes to phone number transfer.

DR1409
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I really hope so! I can't thank you enough for your support and help.

I've been trying to ask through the chat service but that is one of the most infuriating services as there is no direct answer, just being pushed from one person to the next. 

I really want to get in touch with an area manager - how do I do this? I'm actually desperate now. It's stressing me out so much and making me anxious, even impacting my sleep.

Just horrendous service

0 Kudos
DR1409
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 41
Flag for a moderator

How can I also get this flagged for someone to see? Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos