Menu
Elijah123
Tuning in
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contact help please

How is webchat anymore helpful for someone who can't talk on the phone? Virgin NEED to address this.

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Superfast
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I'm waiting for VM to install my broadband talked to a friend yesterday who too is awaiting for install at his new build and having had VM at his previous house, he said great product poor customer service.

Now I'm presently with BT and their customer service I'm happy with so far as contacting them but in common with all other providers such as TT you mention they use the Open Reach network who are a complete law unto themselves.   It's OR engineers that sort problems out or are supposed to, I'm leaving because they just got no idea what is wrong with my broadband in order to fix it.  BT and others just seem to sit back and let OR get away with murder.

I'm finding the BT and VM community forum like chalk and cheese in that in BT the BT moderators are in almost straight away to introduce you to a BT reasonable person and not this week I keep reading here to wait for a VM person to read. 

I do wish VM would equal that response time for people here.

VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Elijah123 wrote:

How is webchat anymore helpful for someone who can't talk on the phone? Virgin NEED to address this.

The Webchat is text based so if someone is deaf or cannot speak, then they can still get support. VM also have contact options for people who rely on sign language or are blind.

VM had a billing email support option in 2013. It was staffed by people in the Phillipines or around there. It took 1 week to get a reply per message sent to them and they often messed up the customer verification step, so much so it was getting endless complaints and was ultimately shut down.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Elijah123
Tuning in
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

So rather than fix it they shut it down. That isn't good. I understand that they have help for someone who is blind or deaf which is fantastic! It really is, however like the lady above, someone who is suffering with extreme anxiety needs an option that is email, or the online chat service, to actually work. It is ALWAYS busy, so does that mean that too will be shut down? I have tried the chat every day for the last two weeks, there are NO AGENTS. I suffer with extreme Tourettes syndrome, which stops me from being able to have a conversation, I need time to be able to write out my issue, to not be put on a screen and embarrassed (as I keep being told to go on webcam, which initially what I thought you said, sorry). There are so many people like us. I'm sorry I am not won over by the customer service and certainly not by the actual broadband itself and am leaving Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elijah123

I've passed this onto one of my best and brightest who will restore your faith in Virgin Media.

You should have a reply from them this afternoon Smiley Happy

Kindest regards

Karl

br >

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Julesmarie
Tuning in
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

My broadband only ( no phone or tv) has went up from £22 to £39 a month. Big hike. Why???? I can get phone and broadband for £18.99.
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Superfast
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Those are very strange prices and not what on VM website.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/broadband-only.html?buspart=uk_ps_a_cable_google_purchase_...

As for your alternative is for a very slow speed system?

VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone.
0 Kudos
Elijah123
Tuning in
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Still no contact from them as of yet I'm afraid.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hey both, 

Really sorry for not replying sooner!

I'll get in touch with your both via PM so we can discuss this privately. 

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Julesmarie
Tuning in
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I contacted help and they were fantastic . They got me a brilliant deal and im thrilled x