Menu
nalaboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Construction team

I ordered broadband in October, knowing i had tree roots restricting the cable to my house ( girlfriend ordered full package when we moved in and had to cancel due to it )  I organised for a quick pre site survey with the intention of a referral straight to the construction team . Cue delays for the pre site visit, numerous phone calls back and forth and installers turning up to install the non existent cable, two days after it being apparently referred to the construction team, thus prompting me to ring to see how that can happen. more phone calls later and being told by another person ( don't know department ) someone had come re-checked it and was passed off ready for install .I was told to book the day off when i rang the day before my installation date. I even got texts from the installer on the evening before, trying to sort out an earlier time, which was then followed by a phone call from someone telling me it was cancelled due to the tree roots !! and would get a phone call within 5 days ( never happened ) It seems no-one is communicating with anyone leading to false promises .

I rang again in the middle of December and was told there was no update therefore im in limbo. Last time we tried to get an installation  we got a phone call within a few hours from construction saying it could be up to 6 weeks, its been roughly 3 months with no apparent date set up and no call. I'm just hoping someone can find out what's happening as i have been lied to numerous times when i've rang up 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Construction team

Hi nalaboy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that tree roots are preventing us from installing you. 

Checking the account the following notes have been left on there:

WE HAVE BEEN OUT TO CHECK OUR NETWORK LEADING UP TO THE CUSTOMER'S INSTALL/REPULL, AND FOUND THAT TREE ROOTS HAVE DAMAGED OUR NETWORK WHICH IS PREVENTING A CABLE FROM BEING PULLED 

REPULL/INSTALL HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD
PLEASE ADVISE OF WE SHALL TRY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO RESOLVE TREE ROOTS AND A NEW CABLE CAN BE PULLED THEN ONCE COMPLETED THE CUSTOMER WILL BE CONTACTED.
CUSTOMER WILL NEED TO BE MADE AWARE THERE IS NO TIMESCALES FOR
TREE ROOT DAMAGE WORKS AND THEY WILL BE CONTACTED WHEN THIS HAS BEEN RESOLVED

Apologies for the capital letters, the system has been updated in that way. 

For now there is nothing to do but wait. This could be a week, it could be a month. We have no idea on timescales I'm afraid. 

I know this isn't the news you wanted but hopefully there'll be an update soon. You will be contacted as soon as there is. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

nalaboy
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply, your reply is where i thought we were ! I was hoping there was a timeframe but that's fine at least what i'm told is on file . There has been a bit of an update which i didn't post until there was a reply as i was hoping it might be in the notes. We have new neighbours who will be sharing the point where the cable will be pulled out ( middle of the two drives ) they have ordered virgin full package but are told there install is delayed but no reason( i've told him why lol.) Since Monday there has been a note posted on the tree saying its being removed and replaced in the next three weeks due to structural problems. The tree isn't lifting pavements or the road so i was hoping it was how you had gone about fixing the problem by removing the tree itself lol see pictures attached sorry about quality 

IMG_1517001796403.jpgtopIMG_1517001770359.jpgbottom

If you weren't aware will it help the install even if they plant a new tree as there will no longer be out of control roots.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi nalaboy, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy 

It certainly does look as though things are moving in the right direction and having neighbours sign up will certainly help push the work priority wise. 

I'm not really sure what effect having a new tree would have on the Network. I can only assume they'll put it a little out of the way of the cables to avoid this happening again. 

If you have any further queries then come back and let us know. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nalaboy
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have since rang Birmingham city council who proposed the work asking if it was due to you ie Virgin requesting the removal of the tree, they have said it is purely a coincidence lol. I asked when the new tree will be planted and they said a few months after removal. All the streets virgin cabling is literally under this tree i can't imagine it isn't coordinated as there has got to be a potential loss of service but they said no so ... lol

I was told to contact Virgin when it's removed who would be best ( number please ! ) construction team direct ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi nalaboy

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

The construction team details are as per below:

03330005925, option 2, and their opening hours are Mon-Sat 8:30am-7pm.

Let us know as soon as the tree has been removed Smiley Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
nalaboy
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The tree has now been removed about 6 months ago but it has made no difference, i contacted Kelly communications head office last may and was told it was just the work order wasn't sent to start work and just request it on their behalf , i rang construction and was told that it was Kelly who cancelled it not them! They (Kelly) denied this and then apparently worked  with Virgin ( bosses of both companies ) and had sorted out a sub contractor to fix it ie the removal of the roots ( comex 2000 ) when i chased this up with the construction team again i was told i was lying and was given the run around basically. I was always told it would be sorted if the tree was removed but its now several months later and a promised re-routing team were meant to be out to look at it but they never came and i never got a phone call, in fact every communication is from me chasing up promises or lies i have never received any promised returned phone calls or e-mails . I was told the re-routing the cable was always the plan ( it wasn't ) 

I have been made to jump through hoops and have done all the hard work, the tree is removed as was requested ( not my doing - councils )  i have then been told the roots may still be there and to contact the council to get them to remove them , i got a letter back from the council saying its not their job it's the service providers and they have no issue with them repairing their cables. but even with the letter in front of me i'm told the council wouldn't say that !

The reason i'm trying to get the ball rolling again is due to numerous houses all around me having installations, i spoke to the installers on Wednesday while they were doing an install thinking it may have been to sort mine but was told they were installing a house 4 doors from mine and they re-routed the cable to do it !!! 

Please who do i speak to who will tell me the truth and get someone to at least come and see what can be done now the tree has been removed, as everytime i ring up it seems like i'm made out to be lying and even then i'm lied to just to get me off the phone. This reply is 1 year from my original post and if the plan was always to re- route not repair how come it takes a year when the council seem open to the repair and wont object any plans and the offending tree is removed and they seem to re-route for others at no notice and no effort on their part. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi nalaboy, 

Thank you for getting back in touch with an update and I am very sorry to hear this has not yet been resolved. 

I have emailed the Area Field Manager and the Install Team Leader for Kelly's requesting an update as soon as possible.  

As soon as they return to me, I will update you here. 

Thank you for your time and patience. 

Nat
0 Kudos
nalaboy
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply and thank you for doing that for me ,  hopefully hear from you soon .

0 Kudos
nalaboy
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I thought i would give you an update , hopefully so you can give me one !  Some engineers came on the 30th January so not long after you contacted them to look into it. Unfortunately they came to install my services not knowing there would be a problem that was stated months ago and on record multiple times ( tree roots) they investigated and found out it was a small section affected. My partner was home at the time and they rang their area manager who said that it was booked ( the work required by construction and the installation itself ) and it would all be done on the same day when it's done. She was told that i would get a phone call stating this but i have yet to receive one .( not unusual )

I have now seen out my 18 month contract with SKY which shows how long this has took lol . I now am in a position where i would like to have my phone , tv and broadband through you. Could you please as before see what could be done as i didn't get any reply from you contacting Kelly or the area manager directly it seems, and you seem to be the only way at the minute of getting anything productive from this situation. 

Hopefully hear from you soon thank you .

0 Kudos