Menu
Judy5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cable

I have not been a customer of virgin cable for a number of years but I have an unsightly green cable in my garage. How can I remove it please?

0 Kudos
Judy5
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable

Sorry that should have said in my GARDEN!  I apologise!

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

it wouldn't normally be removed - you presumably signed a wayleave document giving VM permission to install it a number of years ago and once in it's essentially classed as a utility - you, or a future owner of the house may choose to re-contract services one day..

that said, if the cabling poses any sort of risk (e.g. trip hazard etc.) or is susceptible to being damaged (which could impact other VM customers in the area) then VM are likely to want to do something about it - you may want to post some pictures of it here so that when forum staff get to the post they can assess what needs to be done.. If there's a good reason to do something about it the forum staff here can arrange for the local engineering team to come out and do something about it.. 

0 Kudos
Judy5
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

How do I post a photo?

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Judy5,

Thanks for posting on here and sorry to hear that you want to remove a cable. We can certainly look into this for you, we would just need to see it. 

When you type an answer into the box, there is a little camera icon, if you click on that it allows you to attach pictures either directly by taking a picture or adding one from your recent images. Just press on that then you can add a picture. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Judy5
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

68739590-5739-4092-BCA7-313C85181EED.jpeg

 as you can see the cable is damaged. How can I have it removed but more importantly, how much will it cost?

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this Judy. 

So just to confirm Judy, you're not a virgin media customer but just want the cable removed as it's damaged? 

Is the wire attached to anything at all? Or is it just a wire underneath the ground? 

Sorry for the questions, just want to get as much detail as possible. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Judy5
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No, I am no longer a customer. There’s a small box on the wall that I assume is attached but nothing in the house. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Rising star
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Probably better off burying it yourself.  If you cut it it could cause an issue in the area that would be traced back to your address

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences
0 Kudos
Judy5
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried that but can’t bury it deep enough as there is only a narrow area and there isn’t enough cable available  to bury deeply! 

0 Kudos