Menu
Chum981
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband not connecting

Dear Community 

I have bought a QuickStart package and have tried to install it, but the broadband is not connecting. I have a Hub 3. The WiFi light is solid green (not flashing), but the power light is green and flashing. I have tried to reboot several times but still get the same issue. 

I have called the activation line - 0800 953 9500, twice and it said they’d send an activation signal but it didn’t work.

I have checked all connections several times to make sure they are all secure.

The wiring from the internal box back to the external box looks good too.

Please could someone help?

Is there any other detail I need to share? My postcode is WD25 9DN if that helps determine where I’m trying to connect from.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband not connecting

Try calling in again. If they are sending activation signals and its not working then either they have the wrong serial number of the Hub (on the barcode sticker) or making a mistake on the account number. It can sometimes take a few hour (or overnight) to come through. Try restarting the Hub now and then

Or, possibly there may actually be a fault on their network connection, particularly if it hasn't been active for some time (has it) - they dont ever test that if they know that there has been a previous connection. So check that with them.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Chum981
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband not connecting

Many thanks.  I'll try calling again.  I did wait overnight, but can try tonight as well.

I don't think the network connection has been active for a while (maybe 6 weeks).

0 Kudos