Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BOOSTER

Had Virgin 200mg for 2 months now. Works well where the router is but other rooms are crap. Got a booster for 3 p/month but still looks like i need another 2 boosters. How can i order them as cannot get through on phone and when i try app for blackspots it tells me all rooms are good but this is wrong because i have done speedtests in room and as little as 1mb in 2 bedrooms.. Unless anyone has any other options which may solve this please??... 5hanks.. GT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BOOSTER

Three crappy boosters at £3 a month is £108 a year...forever.

Spend £100 a decent entry level mesh wifi system (my TP-LInk Deco M4 works well, plenty of other choices available) and you'll have better wifi than the hub + boosters, and be £8 better off in year one, £116 better off after two years, £224 better off after three years.....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@GT2908 wrote:

Had Virgin 200mg for 2 months now. Works well where the router is but other rooms are crap. Got a booster for 3 p/month but still looks like i need another 2 boosters. How can i order them as cannot get through on phone and when i try app for blackspots it tells me all rooms are good but this is wrong because i have done speedtests in room and as little as 1mb in 2 bedrooms.. Unless anyone has any other options which may solve this please??... 5hanks.. GT

Are willing to spend some money?

Ditch the £3/month and buy a decent mesh system:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TP-Link-Deco-M4-3-pack-AC1200-Deco-Whole-Home-Mesh-Wi-Fi-System-UK-Pack-o... 

EDIT: Greats minds and all that...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. Are they easy enough to set up from the hub🤔

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes.  You set them up following the Deco instructions with the Hub in normal router mode, then you turn the Hub to "modem mode" in it's settings, let it restart, restart the Deco, and all should be sweetness and light.  Have a look on line, TP-Link have a lot of guidance and helpful "how-to" videos.

Note that in modem mode only the main Deco can be connected to the Hub.  There's a spare Ethernet port on that first Deco, if you need more "wired" connections then you'll need to spend a tenner on a simple ethernet "switch".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your time and answer...gt

0 Kudos