Menu
Johnd76
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Area 22 constant outages this week!! Wd35

Hi,

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum, but getting fed up with getting nowhere with support.

Virgin media are digging up the roads in our village with no prior communication. Every day this week from 09:30 my internet drops with critical priority messages in the network log. It stutters back to life occasionally, then disconnects again. At the end of the day service is "restored" but download speeds are 4-20 Mbps and not the 200-220 I normally get.

4 call to virgin this week and I am being sent a new hub?!?

Is anyone else having these problems in area 22 wd35 postcode?

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 22 constant outages this week!! Wd35

Hi Johnd76, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

No need to apologise, you're in the right place 🙂 

I am really sorry you're experiencing problems with your service. I can't see any known issues in your area, but I have identified a potential issue with your downstream levels. In order to investigate this further I have sent you a private message, please look out for the purple envelop! 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Johnd76
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hetty,

We have had the internet today, since it is Sunday and the workmen are not working. Currently dl speed is 27.3 Mbps and ul is 20.9 wired from the Apple TV 4k.

I am expecting the internet to go down again tomorrow morning when the workmen return....

My hub runs in modem mode connected to a ubiquiti edgerouter and normally gives me 220dl and 12 up all day every day over wired and 5g AC wireless. So something externally is wrong. The sustained increase in ul speed is the interesting though.

0 Kudos
ic2
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone else having these problems in area 22 wd35 postcode?

Yup, in the WD3 area, had outages at least 4 times last week. 

0 Kudos
Johnd76
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My problems are now mostly solved thanks to assistance from Hetty_R.

I had a SNR vault high appeared to be caused by engineers damaging the existing cable when fitting new cables.

DL Speed back to normal now and UL hads increased from 12 to 20. 

0 Kudos