Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: 6-8 Week delay does it have a happy ending?

@markinchelsea wrote:

When I spoke to my council they said most permits are processed within 3 working days, and as I live on a close it shouldn't be any issue at all.  I am just a bit shocked that VM haven't even contacted my council yet and applied for permission to get the construction work underway.  

As per my post above, the Construction contractor applies for the permit on Virgins behalf after liasing with all the other services (Gas, Electric, Water, BT etc) to ensure their services are not compamised by the workplan. Only then can it be passed to the LA for final approval.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
markinchelsea
Joining in
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: 6-8 Week delay does it have a happy ending?

Just to provide an update I am still waiting for my installation week 5 now.   I received a call on Monday to say that construction work would commence this week between 14-18th March, VM would then call me to arrange a new installation date.  Then today I received a telephone call from VM to say that my council had rejected the VM permit to commence construction and that their would be a further delay they also mentioned that they needed to look at the budget for the construction work and there was a strong chance that I wouldn't actually get VM installed at my property.  The plot thickens!  

0 Kudos