Menu
timedout
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

v6 box internet connection

I have just got a new V6 box.  I have V6 in one room, Tivo in another and PC in a third.  The internet connection to the PC keeps breaking and staying disconnected for about a minute and then reconnecting.  My landline also goes off at times.  When I ring Virgin they say everything is fine.  Help, I know nothing about tech.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 box internet connection

@timedout wrote:

I have just got a new V6 box.  I have V6 in one room, Tivo in another and PC in a third.  The internet connection to the PC keeps breaking and staying disconnected for about a minute and then reconnecting.  My landline also goes off at times.  When I ring Virgin they say everything is fine.  Help, I know nothing about tech.

Which model of Hub do you have (printed on a sticker on the base or side)?

How are you connecting all of these devices - wifi or ethernet cable.  If wifi what is the connection like on the PC connected by ethernet cable ?  The fact that the landline is going down as well does suggest its a network connection problem though.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
timedout
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is a version 3.0.  The hub is in the lounge.  The Ethernet cable for the PC is from a port in another room to the hub.  Sorry, I am really clueless with all of this. We didn't have any problems until we received the new gear a couple of weeks ago.

0 Kudos
timedout
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is the PC that uses the Ethernet cable that keeps going down.  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@timedout wrote:

It is the PC that uses the Ethernet cable that keeps going down.  

Ok - if that is going down and the phoe is faulty too, you really need to report the fault to CS - have you called it in ?

In the meantime you could post up your Hub network stats on here so people can see if there is a network connection issue.  Hopefully these instructions are simple enough.

if you could go to http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 ) in your browser [there is no need to login] and then click on the  “router status” icon at  top right - or bottom middle - of first page up -- depending on which hub you have  and then copy/paste 3 sets of data onto here - the downstream, upstream , &  network logs.  Don't worry about the formatting it can be easily read (by others & not by me!), but try and avoid using screen shots & don’t include personal data or mac addresses. 

Here is an example of how they should appear

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Superhub-3-0-Overheating/td-p/3816312

If there looks to be a network connection problem, a VM Forum staff member on here will organise a technician visit or you may be quicker calling the help line for that.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
timedout
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Someone called 'Collie' in the community had the same problem in January.  It seemed to go on for a while and ended with them having a technician out - but after that it doesn't say what they did.

I have just had another disconnection - this is what the message says:

There is no Internet Connection 

Try:

• Checking the network cables, modem, and router
  • Reconnecting to Wi-Fi
ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Call in the fault and see what they say.

--------------------
0 Kudos