Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connection

Good evening. I'm trying to connect a samsung smart tv to the wifi, it shows full signal strength but wont let me connect still. I entered the IP address manually as it was different to the router address but still nothing. Is there something simple I can do? (Other than pull out what little hair i have left?). I'm quite a novice to this stuff so please be gentle. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connection

Hello! Don't worry, as it is a very common issue for the hub 3.0 (which is what I assume you have in your premise). You can either try to add your TV in the hub's DHCP table by going in "Advanced settings" and then "DHCP". There, you simply have to find your device amongst the list of devices (could take a minute or two to load) and then assign it a specific IP.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest resetting your hub to its factory default settings. To do so, you simply have to look behind it where there's going to be a small pinhole. Above the pinhole it will say "Reset" so you can't really miss it. You simply have to hold down the button inside the pinhole for a full minute. After those 60 seconds, you just have to leave the hub be for 10 to 15 minutes and it should be working fine afterwards.

Please let us know if it still doesn't work after that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll give that all a go now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is the advanced setting on the tv itself?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, this is in the hub's settings. You can access those by opening your favorite browser and then typing 192.168.0.1 in the URL bar (where you would put a website like www.facebook.com). Alternatively, if your default gateway isn't the default one, you can get it by opening your command prompt and typing down the command "ipconfig". The line where it says "default gateway" is what you need to enter in your browser to access your hub (or 3rd party router).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

After all of that it was just that gosh darn reset button. Thanks for your help everyone 

0 Kudos