Menu
Highlighted
Kaleem71
Tuning in
Message 1 of 163
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connection on samsung s7

Hi people. New to this so wanted some help or advice on an issue that i am experiencing. 

Over the last few days my samsung galaxy s7 has been having wifi issues with connecting to the internet. The internet is connected then after some time get a message saying internet may not be available even though it is connected to wifi.

I switch the wifi on and off on my phone and internets working but after a short period of time get same interent may not be avaialble. 

Could someone advise me how i can fox this issue? Is it a router problem? Thanks

jpeg1
Super solver
Message 2 of 163
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connection on samsung s7

Are other devices connecting OK?

Kaleem71
Tuning in
Message 3 of 163
Flag for a moderator

Yea other devices are connected. Me and the mrs have the samsung s7 and the connection drops after a short while. Its frustrating as we switch the mobile wifi on and off then internet comes on then get a ! Mark on wifi signal saying internet may not be available

leashappiness
Joining in
Message 4 of 163
Flag for a moderator

Have you had any luck with this? Internet worked fine on my S7 for a month or two now keeps dropping like you described?

jpeg1
Super solver
Message 5 of 163
Flag for a moderator

This may be a problem with the duplicate SSID labelling of the two WiFi bands.

Log into the Hub on 192.168.0.1 and enter the WiFi settings. Change the SSID names of the two bands so they are different and then log the phones on to the 2.4GHz band.

0 Kudos
Kaleem71
Tuning in
Message 6 of 163
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Will do that. I did speak.to virgin media they kept saying that i needed a powerline kit as wifi signal was not strong enough but then she came out with she updated my router setrings and wifi problem should not occur. Few hours later it did! I shall try what u advised and see if that helps.thanks

danielz000
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 163
Flag for a moderator

I've been having the same problems with my s8 and laptop and my missus with her iphone and ipad. It's the hub for sure. Absolute rubbish. Try holding the pin hole reset button for 20s.

Bazchouhan
Tuning in
Message 8 of 163
Flag for a moderator

Hi

For the last week my S7 edge hasn't been connecting to home Wi-Fi (Hub 3).  It's been okay prior to this.  Thing is my work colleague and his Mrs are having the same issues.  Did a web chat with Samsung; next to useless.  Already tried Safe Mode, clear cache, reboot router, forget network etc etc.  Last resort is going to be backup and factory reset the phone. 

If anyone has solved this problem, let me know.... please... 

Vixen83
Tuning in
Message 9 of 163
Flag for a moderator

Have you sorted this as having same problem 

0 Kudos
Bazchouhan
Tuning in
Message 10 of 163
Flag for a moderator

Not sorted.  Very temperamental though.

Staying connected for longer periods, but today had 7 shut outs.  I've uninstalled loads of apps.  Tbh i removed all Virgin apps and that's when it started improving.  Still going to try a hard reset.  Just haven't had the time.

0 Kudos