Menu
minichaz
On our wavelength
Message 91 of 626
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on SuperHub 2 dies multiple times every day - How do I get the SuperHub 3?

Hi @griffin. It was both wifi channels. I've actually disabled the 5ghz radio now in the hope it was just an issue there... But 2.4ghz has crashed twice tonight. Reason I disabled 5ghz was because looking at device status the 5ghz mac was all zeros so I thought that may indicate the issue lay their.

Symptoms are as described. Wifi drops. Networks disappear from all devices. Connecting a laptop to a wired port reveals Web interface is dead (just times out). Power off and back ok recovers but sometimes only for minutes.

Thanks
Charlie
0 Kudos
minichaz
On our wavelength
Message 92 of 626
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on SuperHub 2 dies multiple times every day - How do I get the SuperHub 3?

Hi @rimmer100. To be fair @griffin's scepticism is reasonable and will help us be sure we haven't missed anything.

How about exchanging some firmware version numbers?

Thanks
Charlie
0 Kudos
Rimmer100
On our wavelength
Message 93 of 626
Flag for a moderator

If it was one person then perhaps I'd agree, but it's that everyone seems to be reprting the issue started last weekend.

Hardware version: 3.11
Software version: v1.01.33

The admin portal seemed to take longer than usual to load but that may be because the hub had just been rebooted.

I'm just glad I swapped my parents SH2 for an SH3 a couple of weeks ago otherwise I'd be getting phone calls from them on a pretty regular basis.
Rimmer100
On our wavelength
Message 94 of 626
Flag for a moderator

griffin wrote:

Thanks for picking up Ralph.

In addition, what would be useful would be some InSSIDer timeline graphs when the connection drops.

@griffin - In the spirit of being useful I have installed InSSIDer as requested.  Which graph are you looking for?  The one in the top row on the right?

It looks like this version doesn't log, so unless I'm sitting near it when it happens I'm not sure exactly what we will see as I guess it will just drop off the list.

I'll keep it running and try and get to the laptop as soon as I noticed it has dropped again.

0 Kudos
minichaz
On our wavelength
Message 95 of 626
Flag for a moderator

Same versions here.

Hardware 3.11
Software V1.01.33

Thanks
Charlie
0 Kudos
sTeDay
Tuning in
Message 96 of 626
Flag for a moderator

Since my post on page 8, I havent had WiFi die on me.

I wanted to rule out a new firmware update that went down to my phone... that might be triggering at least my problem.

Another thing ... just thinking out aloud here.

I did notice somewhere when it was crashing some TFTP problems in a log somewhere in the modem, I cant at the moment figure out the exact page where I saw it.  This then triggered me to thinking, if there isnt a Firmware on the router updated ... what else could be at fault.  Wondering if there is a TFTP problem pushing out configs ... but that wouldn't explain why WiFi dies but wired seems to work, would it?  Although not knowing what is in the config files, and not knowing how the stack works ... this is anyones guess.

Another thought ...

As its wireless thats causing my issues ... I wondered if something is trying to get configured (maybe via TFTP?) to enable the "Virgin Media WiFi", although its only compatible with SuperHub 3s I believe.

So I have opt out of the public wifi thing, just incase ... I will re-enable my phone back to using my home Wifi and report back sometime tomorrow ... if I have any ideas / improvements.

Oh, just for my notes ... I do have just one device connected via WiFi -- Google Player.  Watching hours of youtube videos during the day without using the phone on WiFi and manged to see 7 hours of no interruption via WiFi.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 97 of 626
Flag for a moderator

the TFTP download happens when the SH restarts. so it could be the SH restarting that would match some of what you are describing.
sTeDay
Tuning in
Message 98 of 626
Flag for a moderator

My last post, I mentioned about opting out of the public WiFi ... forgot to mention the URL :

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view

However, opting out can take up to 4 days ... does anyone have it already opted out ... and having the same WiFi issues?  Just so I can rule this one out quickly?

Cheers guys n girls.

Calling it a night, until tomorrow ... have fun.

0 Kudos
minichaz
On our wavelength
Message 99 of 626
Flag for a moderator

Looking for commonalities here... What is your internal IP address? I have mine set to 10.23.21.01 which is I suspect unusual.

Thanks
Charlie
0 Kudos
pryonic
On our wavelength
Message 100 of 626
Flag for a moderator

I've left it set at the default 192.168.0.1 and I get the issue

0 Kudos