Menu
Fact53
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WiFi not working/ Incorrect password

I read about the exact same error happening to a lot of people a few months back. It consisted of cabled connections working fine but wireless connection was either very poor or the device had “the wrong password” or just “was unable to connect”

Apparently when some people reset their router the problem was fixed so I did as such, but to no avail. It’s been a whole day of no wireless connection and I’ve had to use a tonne of data to get things done. 

This is really starting to annoy me.

Somebody please inform me on what I should do.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi not working/ Incorrect password

If you performed a full reset (as opposed to a simple power cycle) the WiFi passwords should have also been reset to the factory defaults printed on the Hub's label.  So you could try those.

Alternatively you could try changing the WiFi password to something else in the Hub's settings, but don't forget to use the new password on your devices you are trying to connect.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Fact53
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

But the password I have entered is correct. It has never been changed from the one on the side of the router. Any devices that are not wired to the router cannot connect to it. 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Which is why I have suggested you dive into the Hub's menus and change the password to something else.

Electron
0 Kudos
Fact53
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No but any devices that are wired have internet. The router accepts the password for them and not for devices the are trying to wirelessly connect.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Fact53 wrote:

No but any devices that are wired have internet. The router accepts the password for them and not for devices the are trying to wirelessly connect.

Wired devices are not asked for a password.

Electron
0 Kudos