Menu
lps
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

WiFi dropping out intermittently

WiFi drops intermittently, when checked remotely on service issue,all fine. Now iPhone and smart tv dropping out. Chat line unavailable, phone line has cut me dead 5 times,  all I want is a new router super hub 3 any body out there from Virginmedia to assist? Not impressed by customer service, especially as I have been told it is going up again by 10%

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi dropping out intermittently

Do you have a SH2 and is your iPhone on iOS11.4.1 by any chance ? Any other devices dropping out ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
SunShinesOnLeit
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I’m having the same problems, the wifi keeps dropping on my iPad & partners iPhone, both are IOS11.4.1 (the problem with my iPad started the day after I updated my software to 11.4.1.

The lap-tops are both working fine. 

We have a SH2. 

Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
lps
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes iPhone upgrade to 11.41 and Samsung smart tv. Super hub 2 ac I think

driving me nuts using 4g in the house now on iPhone any help would be great told superhub 3 often solves problem

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@lps wrote:

Yes iPhone upgrade to 11.41 and Samsung smart tv. Super hub 2 ac I think

driving me nuts using 4g in the house now on iPhone any help would be great told superhub 3 often solves problem

The problem is Apple's 11.4.1 not working properly on a Hub2 (and other models across the world) They are working on a fix. Indeed, it is fixed in iOS12beta - currently available for the brave.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/IPhone-iOS-11-4-1/td-p/3771082

You have 3 options.  (1) Wait for Apple to fix it in iOS12 (wont be too long – Sep?). (2) Connect your own wifi router to the Hub2 (clearly the best option!). (3) Lobby VM to supply you with a new Hub3 (they have given these out for free to those who argue their case and cite this forum discussion).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
lps
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, very helpful. Hopefully a VM person will look at posts and get in touch to send a hub 3 as tv is also dropping out
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@lps wrote:
Thank you, very helpful. Hopefully a VM person will look at posts and get in touch to send a hub 3 as tv is also dropping out

TV will be a different issue (unless you mean Apple TV?).  Is it connected by ethernet cable or wifi ?   If it is by wifi, CS will just say "that's your problem connect it via cable" - we on here may advise how to get a more stable connection to the box. 

On the other hand, a VM Staff member who picks this up on here will be more sympathetic and probably/possibly get you a Hub3 sent out Smiley Happy

--------------------
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Ips,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the wireless connection.

Did you manage to try the steps on the link jbrennand posted (iOS update and WiFi)? If so, did that improve the connection at all?

Have you got any other devices that are not Apple that are having the same issue?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lps
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still having problems, Samsung smart tv now drops also sometimes. iPhone works when at sons or on holiday so problem is my hub. Had it checked remotely via Virgin a few times, sometimes ok, other times “sorry this is taking longer than usual” and then phone goes dead.
Can someone fromVirgin just send me a new hub 3. Bill going up 10% in Oct and hub not working properly, not really impressed.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi lps,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with an intermittent WiFi connection. I can appreciate this can be frustrating for you.

I have located the account using your Forum details and run a full diagnostic check on the equipment and everything is showing good from here. All the signals are within the required specifications.

Have you tried doing a factory reset to see if this helps with the connection at all?

Are you using a wired connection with and Ethernet cable? If you are do you experience drop outs on the wired connection?

If you don't use a wired connection at the moment are you able to test this for us?

Are you able to send the network logs from your router settings?
Take care,
Louise
Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos