Menu
Timmu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What work in London E11? (Area Ref 22)

Can anyone confirm what work is going on in Wanstead E11 area 22.

Been without broadband since Friday midday. Status line phone message on Friday said work would be done by 18:00 on Friday. Now four days later, it just says ongoing intermittent service and its being worked on, with no end time (its not intermittent its been permanently off the whole time).

Online the status checker says, no broad band problems in my postcode.

The OS help desk, doesn't seem to know much, but said that they are fixing / replacing cables in my road (which they're not), due to finish 10:45 next Friday, and of course they won't book an engineer appointment or give any other help until that job is finished!

0 Kudos
Timmu
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: What work in London E11? (Area Ref 22)

Service status line changed this morning and said it should be back working by 15:00.

But it didn't happen, and service status line has now changed back to the open ended.. "we're sorry your still having intermittent (!?!) problems".

So its been five days, I'm still unable to book an engineer visit via the help desk, or find out what is going on, or approx how long it will take.

Is there anyone reading this who can check what work is effecting the E11 2DE postcode.

I'd be most grateful, my thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Timmu

Sorry to hear you have had this issue, I have checked and it seems to be fixed, can you confirm please?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Timmu
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your time and response.

No its not been fixed, I managed to get an engineer in yesterday, he said the problem is with the local box down the road.

He couldn't fix it, and said he'd asked someone to come and fix it this morning. But no result yet!

Thx

Tim

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tim,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the update, did the technician arrive and has this now been resolved?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Timmu
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response, its been resolved for now. The network engineer had a look at the local cabinet and my connection/router.

He managed to get the signal to lock after moving my connection in the cabinet and thus upping the signal strength.

He says that there is probably damage some where to the cable underground from the cabinet to outside of the house.

If it happens again, I should report it, mention his name, as it will need working on.

He also said they had finished, upgrades in my area, so hopefully the system should be stable for a long while 🙂

Thx

Tim

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your update Timmu.

I am very happy to hear the engineer was able to assist further but please let us know if you have any problems going forward and we will do all we can to help. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos