Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Weak Security

Hi,

After downloading iOS 14.1 on all our apple products my virgin wifi is now showing Weak Security and after reading a possible solution on here I decide to follow the instructions via the hub but it is still showing weak security. I am hoping someone on the forum can advise what else we can do and if it is still safe to use.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Weak Security

It is all explained >> HERE << or check the pink panel above the page posts.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's fine - Apple are just pushing WPA3

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am having this issue too. I’m quite worried the weak security will be taken advantage of by hackers...is this possible?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@NicoleS1 wrote:

Hi I am having this issue too. I’m quite worried the weak security will be taken advantage of by hackers...is this possible?

No. It’s just Apple being over zealous. WPA2 is fine. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok thank you! Tried all day getting through to virgin with no luck. Ended up disconnecting our devices from the hub. 
Thanks for quick reply

0 Kudos