Menu
Highlighted
PhilDux
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

WIFI & Router Settings

Hi hope somebody might be able to help me. I have bought 2 x Teckin SP23 Smart Plugs using SmartLife APP. BUT I'am unable to connect these to my wifi. The Manufactures of the smart plugs have asked about my router settings can anybody tell me how to get this information please. the settings needs to be using 2.4GHz WiFi when connect with smart plug. And WiFi must be detectable status. In addition, the router encryption mode must be WPA2-PSK type and the authentication type must be AES. 

dose this make any sense to anybody

Regards

Phil

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WIFI & Router Settings

Which model of Hub (or your own router) do you have (printed on its sticker/card).  If a Hub3 - have you renamed the networks ssid's ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Community elder
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Hub3 supports both 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi bands, but as shipped from VM the both use the same SSID. You need to go into your hubs settings on 192.168.0.1 and changes the SSIDs to something like xxx-2 and xxx-5, you can use the same password for both. You should then be able to connect your sockets to the xxx-2 SSID. The other settings are supported by VM as standard. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
PhilDux
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi thanks for the reply, just spoken to Tech Depart and they have advise to do a pin hole reset.

Pradnya:

please do the pin hole reset of the hub. This will make all changes to the settings as per your requirement.

To perform a pin hole reset you need to take the pointed object such as paper clip or needle, you will find the pin hole reset option on the back panel of your hub. Request you to press the button and hold it for 30 seconds and then release it. All your settings and password will change to default.

I see that the both bands which are 2.4GHz and the 5.0GHz are on and in order to make the changes as per your requirements in the settings, the hub needs to be set at it's factory or default setting.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This will also reset the SSID's of the two networks back to being identical - so you will need to rename them again - as Tudor says !

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
PhilDux
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tudor
thanks for you reply, as you will be able to tell, I really do not have a clue about what I have to do. but the way I see it on my laptop / computer enter in the address bar in windows explorer 192.168.0.1 presume this will open up another window and I would need to find where the SSIDs are hiding (whatever they are) and I need to change them to xxx-2 and xxx-5, do I need both of these? smart plug manufacture advised I need 2.4GHz WiFi. so would I just need to change the one xxx-2.
Sorry for the questions
Regards
Phil
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

To expand on Tudor's advice...

.   Go into the Hub3 settings... (type in  http://192.168.0.1  or  http://192.168.100.1 if in modem mode) into your web browser’s url box) and in "smart wifi" (if you have it)  disable "channel optimisation".  Then, in advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's.  Just change 'em to whatever you like and something that will differentiate them (e.g - xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) -- use the same password  if you like,  Then, save settings and restart the Hub.  Your 2 wifi networks will now be clearly separated - and you can then select the network you want to connect to individually from the "available networks" list on each device.  5 GHz is usually better and subject to less interference than the 2.4 one - although this one has the better "range" and some older/cheaper devices can only use this one.  See if that helps. 

--------------------
0 Kudos
PhilDux
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, followed the last of helpful instructions renamed 2.4Ghz kept the same password.save changes. tried to get back on the internet and all i could get was NO INTERNET. asked for Network Security Key entered the password after waiting quite some time still could not get in. did a pin hole restart on the router and after a short time internet came back on with its default settings. Smart Plugs still wont connect

Regards

Phil 

0 Kudos
PhilDux
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, followed the last of helpful instructions renamed 2.4Ghz (did not touch the 5Ghz settings) kept the same password. saved changes. tried to get back on the internet and all i could get was NO INTERNET. asked for Network Security Key entered the password after waiting quite some time still could not get in. did a pin hole restart on the router and after a short time internet came back on with its default / factory settings. Smart Plugs still wont connect

Regards

Phil 

0 Kudos