Menu
Ronney
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media: Book an Engineer

Me and 4 other student's have just moved into a property. The previous tenants used BT Broadband however we wish to use Virgin Media.

I've called Virgin Media numerous times and have not had a clear, concise answer yet as to why our house isn't serviceable for Virgin Media? I've been asking many times for Virgin to book an engineer to come to our house to install the necessary components for us to use Virgin Media.

I know we can use Virgin as our neighbor uses Virgin, every website I go onto to check to see of Virgin is available to us (uncluding USwitch) it shows we can.

Can I get an engineer booked here as soon as possible? I'm having to use my phone as a hotspot as I have unlimited data and wish to have this issue resolved soon.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media: Book an Engineer

What does it say when you put your address into VM's own service checker - does it say service can be provided? And when you called in did they say it can be had at your property?
Neighbour usage can be an irrelevance - for example - if you live in a high rise it may not be serviceable, there may be a "blockage" that prevents them from "economically" laying a cable in, the landlord may have refused access to the property or VM may already have the maximum users connected in your location and cannot add more until some leave.
A VM person should reply in a day or two and get more specific details from you and investigate the possibility.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Ronney
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When I type my address into VM's checker I get sent to a form to fill in and when I filled it out it'll take them up to 10 working days to tell me what services I can use.

I hope it's not that much of an issue. We have Fibre Optic since the house currently has a BT OpenReach box installed so I presumed they'd replace that with VM's box so we can use their internet.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nope - VM system is totally separate and different from BT's Open reach - they use completely different technologies.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos