Menu
sprite
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unable to port forward

I'm logged into my Superhub 3 and I noticed port forwarding is missing therefore I can't port foward. Is it because my broadband was installed recently and I have to wait a while?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to port forward

should be there by default..Click Advanced Settings on the left hand menu and then click the Security option -> Click Port forwarding
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Mduffd10
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue. I originally had the Port Forwarding and Port Triggering options in the advanced settings menu in the Security Option, however, these have now disappeared and I only have 3 options in that advanced settings menu. I am not logged on just now but I think the DMZ option has also disappeared, leaving me with only Firewall, MAC Filtering and IP and Port Filtering.

How do I get my missing parameters to display again ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mduffd10,

Welcome to the community and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If these options are still not available in the Hub settings, try a factory reset to see if that helps please. Be mindful that any saved settings will revert back to default.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lmacilroy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This may be a silly reply - but have you by any chance checked to see if you are in modem mode instead of router mode. In modem mode port forwarding will not be displayed as port forwarding will not be used when in modem mode. If you are in router mode perhaps just quickly try changing to modem mode allow the SH3 to reboot then change back to router mode and reboot again to see if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
Mduffd10
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I did a factory reset using the reset button on the rear of the hub, kept it pressed for 20 seconds and turned the hub off for 60 seconds as it suggests online. The options are still missing.

0 Kudos
Mduffd10
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There is no option in the settings to switch between modem and router mode. These are missing as well.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like the Hub may at fault, could you please try one further pinhole reset, this time for a full 60 seconds and then let it power on normally (don't reboot).

If this fails to restore all the options we'll arrange for a replacement unit to be sent out.

Many thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
VMCopperUser
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am not sure if the Hub3 suffers the same as the Hub2, but when signal levels are poor then some options don't show up correctly.

If someone would be so kind as to post/check the URL for port forwarding then I bet the page would still open.  Google tells me that this is the URL, but as I don't have the unit I can not be sure. http://192.168.0.1/?portforwarding&mid=PortForwarding

I would also be tempted to try another browser if you have one just to see if it is a page display error.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Mduffd10
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi everybody,

thanks for all your suggestions this far.

regarding trying another browser, Google Chrome gets an access denied message. However, using Safari on my Ipad, displays the same limited menu options as previously described.

Carrying out the 60 second pinhole reset does not change anything. I still have the same issue.

could this be an issue with the router ?

0 Kudos