Menu
alantsui09
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Troubles moving home

I moved home on 1 May and notified VM a few days before. VM customer service told me that she would close my existing account and open a new one for me. The new account would not be activated until 4 May which I am fine with.

When I moved to my new home, I saw a new contract and was asked to sign it. However, the contract period is wrong. The minimum contract period is 18 months and I have used VM service for 4 months. Therefore, I would expect I would be able to end the service without paying an Early Disconnection Fee 14 months later. However, the new contract states that I would only be able to do so after 18 months that it was essentially extended, while no service has been added or removed and no other amendments are made.

VM customer service told me that it is expected when moving home, which is contradicting to https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Contract-change-when-moving-home/m-.... Eventually, he agreed to reopen my old account so I could stay with the same contract and he told me that I would be able to connect to the Internet immediately.

Unfortunately, I tried many times rebooting and resetting the Hub and I still could not connect to the Internet. VM technical team told me that they were working on it and my old account would be activated again on 5 May.

I am really confused that someone told me that my account has to be closed for moving home at the beginning, but someone told me a totally different thing after moving home.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Troubles moving home

When you move home you start a new minimum contract term, not continue the old one. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
alantsui09
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am really confused that no one including VM staff ever read their FAQ https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home-faqs#acc-d71bf1cd-db9a-4bb4-8948-0307ae18c4df that states very clearly that:

If you don’t change your services when you move, your contract will continue as normal.
0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi alantsui09,

Thank you for getting in touch, and welcome to the Community Forum. I do apologise for the confusion that this house move has caused, this clearly isn't the kind of service that we want to provide.

Has all of this now been resolved for you? Has your old account now been re-opened? Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with today.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos