Menu
Miltomatic
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 in modem mode

Apologies for the double posting - my first post ended up as a reply to a previous post. 

I got up yesterday morning to discover I had no WiFi. My configuration is this: A SuperHub 3 in modem mode, connected to an Airport Extreme which in turn is connected by ethernet to two more AirPort Extremes. 

I tried the usual things - I reset the SH3 into router mode, and established that I could connect to the internet wirelessly, but if I switched back to modem mode I couldn't connect to the internet either by directly connecting a computer to the SH3 or by trying to re-establish my wireless network. I tried 8 different ethernet leads, including 2 brand new ones. Occasionally I managed to get a cable connection but it wouldn't last long. I have also been able to try multiple computers. 

It would seem to be either I am unlucky enough to have a lot of faulty cables or the port on the SH3 is faulty, or the SH3 is faulty in some other respect. I have ordered a cable checker and a couple of new leads but, in the meantime, does anyone have any brilliant suggestions of things I can try. I'd love to try a new SuperHub but Virgin don't make that easy. I spoke with them on the telephone on 3 occasions yesterday. 

Thanks

Milt

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 in modem mode

Have you tried another port on the Hub3. You can only have one active at a time, but I believe you can use any port.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
Miltomatic
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tudor

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I haven't tried any of the other ports - everything I've read indicated you can only use the lower port in modem mode. Mine is even labeled as such. However, I will give it a try. If that works I'll let you know. 

Thanks again

Milt. 

0 Kudos
Miltomatic
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid I couldn't get this, or anything else I tried, to work and I have decied to leave VM.

Milt

0 Kudos