Menu
oleglukyanov
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 keeps losing internet connection

Had no problems with Virgin Media for the last 4 years, but starting about 1 month ago I'm having continuous issues with my devices connected to Superhub (I believe it's a Superhub II) losing the internet connection.

I'm now having constant internet dropouts. It happens to all our devices across the household. When the device is inactive for an hour or so, you wake it up, it connects to the internet then works for a minute or two and then the internet connection quality quickly degrades to unusable.

Then I turn the wifi on the device off and immediately reconnect it again. And then it will work well until the next time. 

I tried rebooting the Superhub and tried resetting it to factory settings. It seems to help for an hour or two but then the issue returns.

Would appreciate your advice.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2 keeps losing internet connection

Are you describing a wifi only problem or do devices connected by ethernet cable also lose connection ?  BTW - the Hub model should be printed on the label on the base/side of the Hub.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
oleglukyanov
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

Are you describing a wifi only problem or do devices connected by ethernet cable also lose connection ?  BTW - the Hub model should be printed on the label on the base/side of the Hub.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just to confirm, the bottom label says it's a Superhub 2.

Originally I had my Superhub 2's wi-fi disabled, while my home wi-fi network was being created by the Apple Airport Extreme connected to the Superhub via ethernet and working in a bridge mode. But since the issue started I was trying everything to isolate it and ended up shutting down the Airport, resetting the Superhub to its factory settings and using its wi-fi directly. 

So no matter what — either I use the Superhub's wi-fi directly or connect it to the Airport Extreme by wire — the issue is the same. We have 3 iPhones and 2 iPads — all demonstrate the same problem. While laptops seem to be less prone. However if you leave the laptops open overnight for backup for example they will report 'no internet connection' in the morning too which never happened to them before.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@oleglukyanov wrote:

@jbrennand wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just to confirm, the bottom label says it's a Superhub 2.

Originally I had my Superhub 2's wi-fi disabled, while my home wi-fi network was being created by the Apple Airport Extreme connected to the Superhub via ethernet and working in a bridge mode. But since the issue started I was trying everything to isolate it and ended up shutting down the Airport, resetting the Superhub to its factory settings and using its wi-fi directly. 

So no matter what — either I use the Superhub's wi-fi directly or connect it to the Airport Extreme by wire — the issue is the same. We have 3 iPhones and 2 iPads — all demonstrate the same problem. While laptops seem to be less prone. However if you leave the laptops open overnight for backup for example they will report 'no internet connection' in the morning too which never happened to them before.

Ok - you have exactly the same set up as me ! It's brilliant - when it's working isn't it Smiley Happy 

Note that iOS12 is now out and that will cure any iDevice issues you are having when using the SH2 as a router. Just wondering, if you were having a "glitch" either on the Extreme or the network,  you then took out the Extreme & went into router mode which would then reveal the SH2/iOS11.4.1 issue.   so right now,  do you have other devices that are problematic and are they connected by ethernet ?  If this scenario is correct - the glitch on the network may have disappeared and all will be well on iOS12.  You can the put the Extreme back on and see if the problem recurs - in which case the Extreme is faulty.  If your issues persist it could be a Network connection problem that we can explore.  Hope that makes sense. Report back.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
oleglukyanov
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand
the glitch on the network may have disappeared and all will be well on iOS12.  You can the put the Extreme back on and see if the problem recurs - in which case the Extreme is faulty.  If your issues persist it could be a Network connection problem that we can explore.  Hope that makes sense. Report back.

It seems you were absolutely right — after updating to iOS 12 all the SH issues have gone. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi oleglukyanov

Thanks for updating the thread and great to hear that everything has been resolved. If there are any further issues please let us know,

Thanks,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos