Menu
RJenx
Joining in
Message 31 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 Modem Mode

I have the same problem, the helpdesk refused to help me as it worked with the wifi on the hub turned on. Thanks Virgin Media, you are a pal. 

0 Kudos
Goatmasterfunk
Dialled in
Message 32 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Same problem. Noticed my SuperHub3 had a green light instead of the magenta one it's had before. 
I use an Apple Time Capsule as my router an have previously (easily) set the SuperHub3 to modem mode.

I get the exact same issues:

I can access 192.168.0.1 to switch the SH to modem mode.
I cannot access 192.168.100.1 to view the SH in modem mode.
Once powering everything off, restarting in the suggested order, I get no internet signal at all. 
I pinhole reset the SH3 to revert back to router mode - i.e. back to square one. 

Seems to me Virgin have stopped allowing people to switch to modem mode as so many of us are having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 33 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@Goatmasterfunk wrote:

Same problem. Noticed my SuperHub3 had a green light instead of the magenta one it's had before. 
I use an Apple Time Capsule as my router an have previously (easily) set the SuperHub3 to modem mode.

I get the exact same issues:

I can access 192.168.0.1 to switch the SH to modem mode.
I cannot access 192.168.100.1 to view the SH in modem mode.
Once powering everything off, restarting in the suggested order, I get no internet signal at all. 
I pinhole reset the SH3 to revert back to router mode - i.e. back to square one. 

Seems to me Virgin have stopped allowing people to switch to modem mode as so many of us are having the same problem.

Does the bottom light turn magenta when you switch to Modem Mode?  And when switching to MM, do you hit the Apply Changes button the the MM page?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Philipb54
Joining in
Message 34 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Solved Re: Super Hub 3 Modem Mode

Had the same problem in modem mode.

Direct connect a laptop by ethernet 

Full internet

Connect a cable router to the hub 3..

NO INTERNET 😖

No help from virgin eventually I found a note in the setup help for my cable router. Some ISP's require the router to clone the MAC address of the principal computer. 

One of the setup steps which I had left in default setting told the router to clone the MAC address of the  computer doing the setup, default being use it's own Mac.. Chose that option and BANG!!!!!! FULL INTERNET 😀😀😁

Hope this helps folks

0 Kudos