cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent red light

Merlin01
Joining in

I have had my Hub 3 for a couple of years and it has worked fine, however I noticed yesterday that the red light was on permanently. I have tried cooling the hub, turning it off for 1 hour, re-booting and ensuring clear air flow. I have also done all the checks suggested by VM website but the light remains red. Strangely all services are working fine. Any suggestions welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lotharmat
Community elder

@Merlin01 wrote:

I have had my Hub 3 for a couple of years and it has worked fine, however I noticed yesterday that the red light was on permanently. I have tried cooling the hub, turning it off for 1 hour, re-booting and ensuring clear air flow. I have also done all the checks suggested by VM website but the light remains red. Strangely all services are working fine. Any suggestions welcome.

If the hub is in router mode - you need a new hub!

It is either overheating or *thinks* it is overheating due to a faulty sensor!

Either way - you need a new one! - VM will pick this up in a day or so 

or... You could call 150 (or 0345 454 1111 from a non-VM phone) and tell them the red light is on and the hub feels hot (Offshore CS will try and fob you off if you don't mention heat to them..... Sucks but hey)

Keep us posted!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

keithdgalbraith
Tuning in

I have the same problem.   Started recently.  Suggests it is overheating

lotharmat
Community elder

@Merlin01 wrote:

If the hub is in router mode - you need a new hub!

It is either overheating or *thinks* it is overheating due to a faulty sensor!

Either way - you need a new one! - VM will pick this up in a day or so 

or... You could call 150 (or 0345 454 1111 from a non-VM phone) and tell them the red light is on and the hub feels hot (Offshore CS will try and fob you off if you don't mention heat to them..... Sucks but hey)

Keep us posted!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7