Menu
jemilyboo
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing Broadband Issues

Not sure where to start tbh. 

1. Broadband down again with an intermittent fault. This is the 3 or 4 one of these. Last time an engineer came out and changed switches in the street box. 
2. I have been told that the engineers are working hard to solve the issue and it will be resolved by 31st July.  This is laughable, what are they doing re-cabling the area? 
3. It is an area wide issue yet the website says there are no known issues in the area! Apparently the website will be updated within 24 hours. 
4. On all previous occasions I have been told to put in a claim for compensation and if eligible it will be credited to my bill.  Surprise surprise no credits at all. I have just been told by customer service to read the ofcom info.  So absolute BS about compensation (in fact it should say refunds for services not received instead of 'compensation' at least it's not 'gesture of goodwill') 
5. The agent I spoke with replied, when I said that the account was a joint account, that it wasn't a bank account so it couldn't be joint (nothing like being patronised especially when it is a joint account). 
6. The TV is showing a C130 and C133 fault which 'will be resolved soon'  *manic laughter*. 
The whole service is (I cannot think of a polite word to describe it)

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ongoing Broadband Issues

3) website will only report issues when 1000’s of users are affected, a couple of street cabinets would be classed as an area fault, but would not appear on the website.

4) compensation is only paid for total loss of service for 24 hours or more. If they are saying it’s an intermittent problem maybe that how they are bypassing the issue.

5) you CANNOT have a joint account with VM, all accounts are only in a single name.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
jemilyboo
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

3. Can you point me in the right direction to see that in the terms etc. As never been told that. Again lied to as was told it would update within 24 hours. 

4. It has been intermittently off for over 24 hours all in all. In fact it's been that intermittent it DOESN'T connect!   I reiterate 'it's BS'

5. We have a joint account or maybe my terminology is incorrect. There are TWO names on the account.  

Thanks for all of your help, shame customer service cannot share the information for 3 and 4. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Forget VM "Area" references - areas are not geographic they are related to legacy billing areas.

If its "intermittent" you wont qualify for the new compensation scheme - that only refunds for periods of 24 hours TOTAL loss of service. They can make a gesture of goodwill of course.

As well as the “check service,” weblink there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jemilyboo
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ha ha ha 'A gesture of goodwill' always makes me chuckle. More BS. 
They should be made to refund for inadequate services.

The broadband is still off, diagnostic says equipment is turned off! (it's on). No area fault showing.
So that is over 24 hours it has been unusable......but it's intermittent .....how very convenient. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To check how intermittent it actually is - , set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections, useful data to have in discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos