cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 and MESH

technophobetoo
On our wavelength

Hi, I recently upgraded to the Gig1 service (which so far is great) meaning that I swapped the Hub 3 for a 4. Previously I had the 3 running in modem mode and was using an Apple Airport Extreme and various other airport devices to deliver a signal around the house. As some of the kit is only capable of wireless n speeds I thought I'd give the 4 a go so I'm just using the 4 as a router and finding that the signal does slow down quite considerably away from it. 

My question for you is has anyone tried any Mesh systems with a 4 in modem mode and if so how have you found them, what sort of speeds are you getting?

Cheers

11 REPLIES 11

simmo1999
Tuning in

I've had the Hub 4 running for a few weeks now in Modem mode using Linksys Velop (3 nodes) as my mesh.

Pretty pleased with Wifi all over the house, get 450-600mb depending on the device pretty consistently.

But I do have a problem with ethernet connections. Whether I try the Hub 4 in Router mode and connect directly, or modem mode and connect via the Velop, Im getting 150-250mb. But the oddest thing is, when I speedcheck in the Linksys router app, the connection between the Hub 4 and Velop is 900+

Because its the same whether the Hub is in modem or router mode, whether the cable connection is direct or via the Velop, its clearly some kind of conflict/software issue as the engineers tests show full speed on thier meter and Ive also had a replacement hub....

So wifi, great, wired, terrible.....

daryah
On our wavelength

Yeah have a SH2AC (netgear) on 100m service and same primary router as you and getting max speeds around my 3br semi apart from box room. Have Ethernet cabled that room and house so that keeps load of the wireless.

My Ethernet  to garden cabin has packed in so reliant on a mesh solution with some made in China extender and that is good enough for now. May give Ai mesh a go and given I have bought my first WiFi 6 device.