Menu
Smit1978
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Engineer call out

Can anyone help?

Went through the fibre cable on Saturday with the lawn mower. Rang to get it fixed. Told someone would be out Monday. Engineer arrived Monday y and said he couldnt fix the fibre cable as he was told the fault was inside and he wasnt part of the construction team. He looked at it, took photos and said they had not put the cable deep enough as it was just on the surface and it wasn't my fault and he would request that the fibre be changed and it may be today (Monday) more likely Tuesday and someone would be on touch. I rang Tuesday and the person on the phone knew nothing about it. Said someone would call me and he had escalated it. Wake up this morning to an email sent at 4.20am saying we have fixed your issue. Conviently just as I'm about to go to the 3rd working day and would expect £8 a day off my bill.

Other than ringing the call centre number has anyone got any advice on what I can do or have people experienced similar dealings with Virgin because this and the installation experience I had is really putting me off them for good?

0 Kudos
MarionWalsh
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer call out

Engineer call out charges. if you need an engineer visit you may be charged. Rates below include travel time from receipt of the request by the technician.

AES Login

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Smit1978,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here

I am sorry to see that this has happened, we would never want anything like this to happen.

I have located your account using your forums details, I can see there was a 'completed' order on the 28th, please can you tell me if this was to fix this?

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Smit1978
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hayley,

It wasn't fixed on the 28th!! They sent out the wrong engineer on the 26th and told me that a different engineer would come on the 27th. That didn't happen and after calling several times I was told someone would call me..... No one did.
On the 28th I received an email saying it was fixed when it wasn't but it fell just as we were going into the 3rd working day of the fault not being fixed and it was convenient they closed it when they had pointed the below out in the mail they sent: 

We think holding our hands up when things go wrong is just as important as getting them right in the first place. That’s why you’ll see a credit on your next bill to make up for this. The credit you get will be £8 per day, for every day’s delay that was our fault, starting 2 full working days after you reported it to us. Your bill will show a breakdown of the credit.

So on the 28th I rang back again and complained and was told an engineer was coming today (30th) to fix the issue. He has just been and fixed the issue so it begs the question will I be credited for the fact that this issue has gone on for 6 days in today?

Cheers,

Paul

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Smit1978.

I am sorry about your issues with us so far.

We do have an automated compensation scheme, you can review this here.

If you are due compensation then it will be automatically allocated to your account.

I am glad to see that it has now been fixed for you.

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Smit1978
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hayley,

It appears that £8.06 has been credited for the 27th April but not for the 28th and 29th April

Can you help?

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can not add this on manually @Smit1978.

The system will update the compensation over the next 3/5 working days.

If it does not appear for these days by Tuesday then please let me know, I will investigate it from there 🙂

Is that okay for now? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Smit1978
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hayley,

Still no adjustments for the 28, 29, 30th April when it hadn't been repaired. It got fixed on the 30th. 

Can you sort please? 

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

These things aren't always quick, give it until next month's bill (although having said that I have very little faith in the workings of the "automatic" compensation scheme). 

If there's no change by then, then raise a formal complaint online via the form in My Virgin Media.  If that still doesn't get a result you then escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS, and you might then want to demand full compensation for all days service lost and the hassle of getting it fixed.  I am aware that the automatic compensation scheme discounts the first few days, in this instance it was entirely VM's fault for a poor quality installation that doesn't meet any standard of good practice.  Taking a complaint to CISAS is slow, but often very effective.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Smit1978,

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I'll seek to pick this up as Hayley is currently offline

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for my private message

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos