Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Damaged connection point in garden.

My lawnmower has broken off the cover for the Virgin cable (and a i have found a piece of cable). The cables inside are now exposed and though we have no broadband issue i am worried about the impact of rain. Tried to get through on the phone but could not get a suitable response and now I don’t know how to proceed. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged connection point in garden.

Call again and report no broadband due to a damaged cable, get a technician booked to come round. Do not talk about a lawnmower as it may just cause confusion.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Morning PBGardner, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Let me know if you've been able to contact the team about the cable. If not I can get things sorted for you 🙂

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@PBGardner wrote:

My lawnmower has broken off the cover for the Virgin cable (and a i have found a piece of cable). The cables inside are now exposed and though we have no broadband issue i am worried about the impact of rain. Tried to get through on the phone but could not get a suitable response and now I don’t know how to proceed. Any suggestions?

There's no power inside that box so it's all perfectly safe, what you should see is a cable coming up and a joint, possibly a splitter depending on what services you have, connecting it to the cable(s) running into your house, you are right to be a bit concerned about the rain, but it's the actual joint which will potentially suffer if water manages to seep into it, the cable itself should be fine.

While waiting for someone to come out and ideally fit a new cover, what you could do is get a plastic bag, wrap it around the joint as tightly as you can and secure with a couple of cable ties or similar - there's no danger and it at least will keep the water out for now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sorry but i am on a train all morning and i have not been able to try again.

If you can help sort this out that would be very helpful.

BW

Paul
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

I'll send you a private message asking for details, please reply to it and I'll be happy to help with getting the cable fixed.

Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos