Menu
Rozzy21
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Changing Hub2ac Password

I have been asked to create a more secure password for my Hub2ac but I cannot even get started. I checked the guides for doing this and connecting my devices and thought it would be so simple. After typing in 192,168.0.1 and opening the web page to go to the next stage which should be Select Wireless Network Settings there is no prompt there to select. Can anyone help please?  

0 Kudos
Rozzy21
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Changing Hub2ac Password

Further to my previous message. I succeeded to getting into the Sign In stage but it will not recognise my existing password on the bottom of the hub. Would a moderator please contact me to advise what I should do. 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing Hub2ac Password

There are two passwords, the WiFi one and the Hubs one. Are you using to correct one? If you are a pin hole reset should get you back to the passwords on the label. If not the only answer is a new hub, there is no magic way of resetting the passwords.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Rozzy21
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. When I click on ? beside the box for signing in the password it shows which password is required so I’m confident I’m entering the correct password. Can you tell me what a pin hole reset is please? Just in case.

h

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Rozzy21 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. When I click on ? beside the box for signing in the password it shows which password is required so I’m confident I’m entering the correct password. Can you tell me what a pin hole reset is please? Just in case.

I'm not sure which part you are trying to complete.

There is no question mark prompt for the login settings password to the hub on the Super Hub 2ac. If you are seeing the question mark next to the password boxes, are you actually logged into the hub settings page already for wi-fi as per the image at the link below?

https://setuprouter.com/router/netgear/vmdg490/wifi-setup-83132-large.htm

The main login screen looks like this image at the link below

https://setuprouter.com/router/netgear/vmdg490/login-83146-large.htm

Which one are you trying to enter a password into?

0 Kudos
Rozzy21
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all for replying. I was entering the WiFi Password instead of the Settings Password so, hopefully all should go well from now on. It’s so easy to get confused. 

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Rozzy21,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you had issues changing your Changing Hub2ac Password. We are however glad to hear that our community was able to assist you with this. 

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos