Menu
Adrian-29_M
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Change hub3 with hub 4

Hello guys anyone know how I can exchange hub 3 with hub 4???can you let me know please? Thank you 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change hub3 with hub 4

Why would you want to?

The Hub4 is no better (if not worse) than the Hub3.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Adrian-29_M
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Exchange router hub3

Hi do you know if it’s possible to exchange the router hub3 with my own router. Mine it’s supporting speeds up to 1000 Mbps.  Do you know if it’s any way

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Exchange router hub3

You can never get rid of the VM Hub. It is the only device approved for connection to the VM network.  What you can do is put the Hub in modem mode where its wifi functions (mainly) are disabled. What you then do is attach your own router for device connection - wifi or wired.  OK?  Plenty of threads on the Forum discussing this. Do a search.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rachael_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adrian-29_M,

Thank you for reaching out with your query about your Virgin Media hub. We'd be happy to offer further support.

As Howard has advised, you're welcome to put your Virgin hub in modem mode and connect a third party router. However, this isn't something we'd be able to assist with in detail as we do not support third party equipment. As suggested, you're welcome to take a look at other threads on this forum if you require further help. Please bear in mind that you wouldn't get speeds significantly faster than what you're subscribed to, regardless of your other router's capacity.

If your area has been fitted for our Gig1 Fibre service, you're welcome to upgrade your broadband speed as our top broadband package comes with the Hub4 included - this is our only hub which supports speeds of 1GBps. I'm afraid we don't offer a package review service via this platform, so you'd need to speak with our Customer Relations team to make his change either by calling 150 / 0345 454 1111 or sending a text to 0753 305 1809.

Alternatively, customers in certain areas would have received marketing emails offering a free upgrade to the Hub4 without making any package changes. This would only be applicable to those who have received this dedicated contact, please refer to any instructions provided therein if you're part of this project.

Thanks,

Rachael

_Al_
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning, 

I've somehow ordered and received a hub4, please are these no good. Just stick with hub 3? Virgin are asking for the hub 4 back as I'm not using it 😂

0 Kudos