Menu
Knowlson3193
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cant connect to hub or internet on all devices besides guest network

So after upgrading to virgin internet and the hub 3, all devices can now not connect to the hub at all unless selecting the VM guest network, the hub doesn't appear on the virgin internet app anymore and can't change settings on there either due to that.

No error lights showing on the physical hub . hard rebooted it several times.....nothing. Forgot network on all devices and tried to reconnect....nothing!! Honestly joined virgin media coz heard they where the best and all I've had is nothing but problems, its a joke!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant connect to hub or internet on all devices besides guest network

Daft question - you did call to "activate" it ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Knowlson3193
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tbh mate I'm not too sure, it was my mother who sorted it all out but I'd assume so as we have been connected to the internet for a couple of months now with this never happening before

0 Kudos
Knowlson3193
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We did have an engineer come set it all up for us too when we signed up

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK - wasnt sure if this Hub had "ever" worked before - if it has then obviously its been activated.  If you have never been able to connect with it - then it hasn't (its the Hub that needs activating - not the connection).  Cheers.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Knowlson3193
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yh cheers anyways, this is second day now of not being able to use it , probs gonna have to ring them, go through an hours worth of bs jus to get someone to look at it, already had a phone contract off them which I've had to cancel due to terrible service, this is jus the cherry on top

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear about this Knowlson3193,

I've located your details and everything appears to be within range from this end.

How have things been since posting?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Knowlson3193
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Things are exactly the same, still not able to connect to the router with any device in the house besides the guest network

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Knowlson3193,

Thanks for posting back here.

From checking your line, there are devices connected to the wireless network. Has anything changed since you last posted?

Did you try a factory reset of the Hub at all? Can you log into the router and check to see if the networks are enabled?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Knowlson3193
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Really, what devices are they? Because there's 2 phones, PlayStation, iPad, google chrome and laptopt that all can't connect to the network besides the guest network.

Obviously I can't change the hub settings in the app coz in order to do so you need to be connected to the internet in the first place.

Jus been and factory reset it for the 1000 time and surprise surprise....still doesn't work. Its a joke honestly, gonna reply again telling me there's nothing wrong? Or can someone actually come out and have a look coz its been like two weeks now

0 Kudos