Menu
Lakara17
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bad internet connection

Hello!   

Since December, we have intermittent connection and heavy ping spikes. In January the internet has become even worse, often dropping out. This happenes everyday, around 3 - 5 times. We can't play any sorts of online games, and our children cannot complete online learning. At the start of January we called technical support but recieved no help. Our area reference nuber is 31. We have BQM, via which we saw obvious problems with the internet. What should we do?bqm.png

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad internet connection

I can see your BQM - it has all the hallmarks of an "overutilisation issue" - too many customers connected - only VM can advise whether that is the case and what they are doing about it. I will flag this for them to come here and advise.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
365nice
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear - I thought my BQM was bad - but your's is even worse than mine... not that it helps, but I can commiserate....

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Lakara17 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your broadband, your BQM dose look terrible. 

I have taken a look over the account and can see that you have been experiencing a high utilisation issue since November our engineers will be working as hard as possible to get the issue resolved.  I have taken the opportunity to add a credit for this inconvenience, you will see this deducted from your coming bill. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M  

0 Kudos
Lakara17
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello!

Thank you for replying so quickly. I hope the internet will get better as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Don't hold your breath. These issues can drag on for months.

Have you explored other options from OpenReach or Mobile 4G/5G contracts? Are you still in an agreed period on the VM contract?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos