cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM won't accept password or allow me to register

Gazman428
Tuning in

New ish user after leaving 18 months ago due to technical issues that drove me around the bend and frustration caused me to leave. Now getting reminded why I left. 

I've moved house and have a new account set up with tv a few weeks ago, but I can't use any of the apps or check bills etc.

Rang the help line 3 times in the last few days but they are not able to resolve the issue for me. Now currently on hold again trying to get resolved.

I can't register as a new user as it comes up with 'now you've closed your account & you can't register for Virgin media' which is what I think the problem is. 

But everytime I call they ask me to reset my password, even though i've called in and got it correct to get through the security questions.

I've had my password reset and tried to register several times using my email address or even a different email address but even though I can then enter my account number and area code,  it never accepts the passwords no matter what I try or how complicated I make it. I've cleared cookies etc and tried several different devices. Turned them on/off, uninstalled and reinstalled apps etc as directed by the help line. Google has led me here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gazman428,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing some issues when trying to register for a new My Virgin Media online account. From what you've explained, it sounds like you're attempting to sign into the online account for your previous/former account with us.

I can see that you mentioned when you made this post that you were on hold with the team. If they call has ended and the issue remains, let us know and we'll be happy to investigate and assist you further with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gazman428,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing some issues when trying to register for a new My Virgin Media online account. From what you've explained, it sounds like you're attempting to sign into the online account for your previous/former account with us.

I can see that you mentioned when you made this post that you were on hold with the team. If they call has ended and the issue remains, let us know and we'll be happy to investigate and assist you further with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Gazman428
Tuning in

Hi, Yes this problem still persists, the help desk were unable again to resolve it for me.

Hi @Gazman428,

Thank you for the update. I'm really sorry to hear that the issue is unfortunately ongoing for you.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that I can take a few details from you. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Thankyou Zach, I have replied

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gazman428,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message. I'm glad that we've been able to address and resolve your issue for you.

You know where we are if you need our help again in the future.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team