Menu
MrsE64
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

turning on roaming

Requested roaming to be switched onto the mobile account at 4pm Saurday. It's now 7.34 am on Monday morning and still not activated, so well past the 24 hour max period.  3 calls to call centre to only get check back in an hour.  The roaming was on and accidentally jnocked off, leaving daughter abroad unable to ring us or anyone.

if anyone from virgin reads this and can help do whatever to activate raoming it would be much appreciated.

VERY FRUSTRATED AND DISAPPOINTED WITH LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: turning on roaming

Hi MrsE64,

I'm sorry to hear that your roaming service still isn't working. Have you logged into your Mobile Online Account and verified that your roaming service is switched to ON and International Call Barring is switched OFF? Also, you may need to manually search through the available networks to see which one works, as the auto-connection doesn't always find the available local host network.

Please verify that your data roaming setting on your mobile is enabled and that your APN settings are correct as noted on this post: Roaming - FAQs (for Red SIM card) or  New Purple Virgin Mobile SIM and need the APN settings for data

Also have a look at the following online Help & Support Page: Roaming Hub if you have access to WiFi.

If you are still having an issue with this, I will need to take more details in order to look into this for you. Please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips