Menu
SamDM
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Trade up mobile

Has anyone had trouble with trade up mobile? I sent in my phone for £120 then got email to say LCD screen damage and only offered £35? There was no damage when I sent it and I wrapped it extremely well! It seems like a bit of a con that you can’t do anything about??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trade up mobile

Hi SamDM,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry to hear that there has been some damage to the handset between you sending it and us receiving it, I can understand this has caused you some concern. 

Can I ask how it was sent? And did you get any proof of postage?

Thanks 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
SamDM
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In the end I rejected the offer and got the handset back and when I received it there was no visible damage to the LCD screen but was a big scratch down the back of the casing which want there when I sent it! I took photos of the phone before I sent it and photos of how I packaged it which was with extra padding and cardboard.
0 Kudos
nickc12
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi All

I also had the same problem damaged LCD screen. When I spoke to the 3rd part involved I was told that the screen was not cracked or damaged as such, but had faint ghosting when tested by by the technicians. I take high res photos with an SLR camera which I have copied onto my phone and never noticed a thing. The phone was in excellent condition ( photos to prove it). I was also informed that the damage was not caused by through any carrier fault but, was typical of age degradation with mobile phones. I have not had the phone two years yet !!. If what I am told is true this Trade Up Offer is a massive con. It means more or less that anything but a new or near new phone will be rejected. No mention was made of this by the Virgin sales person only that if it looks good that should be ok. I have asked for it to be sent back and am returning the now used new S7 Galaxy that I had upgraded to. I would advise anybody looking to Trade Up to be very wary. I dont have the facts and figures but would suggest a lot of people are caught out this way and either cant be bothered to get their old phone back reconfigure it etc or get put off by Virgins very inefficient call handling system with no center point of contact.

Further to this in desperation after trying to resolve the issue I asked to be put through to their customer retention department and on the two occasions I spoke to somebody, not once was there any effort made to retain my business. I have been with Virgin since Telewest days and have three mobiles, Telephone, Broadband and TV packaged with them. What a way to treat a loyal customer with Direct Debit payments !. I will be leaving Virgin at the first avaliable exit point. Time will not change my mind after this.

0 Kudos