Menu
mikemaas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Credit balance wiped out

Just changed from PAYG to £3 a month and loads of calls. But my PAYG balance of about £18-10 is wiped out - not mentioned !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit balance wiped out

Hi mikemaas, 

Just to confirm, your credit balance would not be wiped out whatsoever. What happens is that your remaining balance would sit as a credit on your account. So for example if your credit is £20 on the account it would sit on the account as -£20 and when your bill of £3 is produced, it would then knock off the credit leaving it at -£17 and so on until your credit has been reached. Also if you have any other extra charges on your bill for example; Premium messages, this would come off the credit amount also.  

I hope this clears the situation up for you. 

Thank you for your post.  

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
mikemaas
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

wrote:

Just changed from PAYG to £3 a month and loads of calls. But my PAYG balance of about £18-10 is wiped out - not mentioned !

Thanks for reply, Ryan_N.  I'm not clear yet. I think I've got it all badly wrong.I think I've signed up for £3 a month automatically for which I get loads of free calls and texts, bu only to landlines, and if  I want to text or phone another mobile or get "data" ( i.e. emails or internet searches ), I pay at an unspecified rate per call or minute. You say that Virgin works down my credit for each chargeable call or text. When that's all used up, I guess the monthly £3 charge begins.

My wife's on £3 a month. I may be confusing my deal with that..

So could you be patient with me and tell me what deal I'm on ? I shan't use "data".

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mikemaas, we'd be happy to access this for you. 

I would need to access your account to do so. 

Would you be able to the Private Message I will be sending shortly? ^Martin

0 Kudos
mikemaas
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hm. I struggle with these machines. I fancy it's not good practice to share IDs and passwords, so thanks for your kind offer and I'll see if I can find notes of the access-rigmarole to get into my account myself and then steer the labyrinth. If that fails I'll try phoning the Philippines and understand the strange accents and squeaky voices that answer the phone their for Virgin. Cheers.

0 Kudos