Menu
DW190
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Price Increase

Just had letter regarding the £3.00 per month price increase.

As I pay my line rental in advance, cancelling mid contract does not allow for a refund.

Just spent twenty minutes listening to music which is so ear piercing to try to get you to hang up.

I have better things to do with my time so now its time to say good bye to Virgin.  Don't use the phone, broadband is more expensive if you don't have the phone and Air Fibre is now available in our area.

As there is no email address to contact can you give me a Postal address to send my cancellation notice to.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price Increase

It begins.....

Virgin media

PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

Is where you can write to, whack your name / account number on there etc so they know who they are cancelling.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 
Thanks for your posts and we appreciate that no one likes to hear about a price rise. To make sure we are able to offer the best services we can, we sometimes need to review our prices.
For information on why we're increasing our costs, have a look here: News: Changes to our pricing
If you're unhappy then it is the perfect opportunity for you to look at reviewing your overall package with us so it would be great if you could either get in touch with our team via Webchat or via 150 / 0345 454 1111. Our teams will be more than happy to take a look at this with you.

If you would prefer to cancel then the address given above is the correct one 🙂
Let us know how things go. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
coralking
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Kath_F sorry but a typical flippant reply from a Forum team member I'm afraid. Your answer is of no help to people having to dig deeper into their pockets every month. It's only VM that think their services are worth the money and everyone gets fed up having to 're-negotiate their contracts every time VM does a knee jerk on prices.
envida
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OFCOM have previously said that any line rental paid in advance should be proportionally refunded so you may want to press this point with them.

It's to do with BT but this article may be a good starting point and has a quote from OFCOM on the matter...

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/feb/22/bt-refuses-refund-prepaid-line-rental-cancel-service

0 Kudos
DW190
Joining in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thank your for your response.  Couldn't agree with you more.

Happens every time, contract till February increase in November.

Interesting thing is on my contract its say promotional offer and the contract is till February so I will be sending a letter stating if the price increases I wish to cancel and demand a partial refund on the advance line rental payment.  Absolutely peed of with them giving a fixed term contract then wanting to increase mid term.

We now have Air Fibre available without line rental.  Happy to get rid of the fixed line phone as it only get junk calls and I have a very reliable Voip line with a local number.  Pennies per minute worldwide with no connection charge.

Hung on for twenty minutes waiting for someone to answer so back to the old pen and paper.

0 Kudos
DW190
Joining in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

What a set of con artists.

Got through on the phone today and put through to cancelations.

The tone of the call was I refuse to pay the increase mid term as I have advanced line rental.  Offered reduction of the increase for the remaining six months.

Guess what email with new contract to sign for twelve months with two increases in three days at the end of my original contract.

Email deleted not signed so will just stop the direct debit at the end of the original term.  Kept a recording of the call and no mention at all of signing for another twelve month so as far as I'm concerned it ends in February.

Bye Bye Virgin con men.  Not spending any more time listening to your recordings or your con people in retentions.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

As per usual always advise against just cancelling the direct debits as it will just get you trouble with debt collectors. And it will hold as what VM do is legally covered as you have the option to leave if you don’t agree to the increase.

If you want to refuse to use the option to leave penalty free, sacrificing the LRS then it is there. Or ride out the increase for the remaining months and then leave at the end of the term with no debt collectors, no ruined credit score etc.

I get you are probably quite cheesed off right now so having a knee jerk reaction seems the best idea but I advise you cool off and have a think about it and the consequences of actions before you take them.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DW190
Joining in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Sacrificing the LRS?

Oh I don't need to cool down. They will get a letter giving them notice to cancel on the last day of September. I've not signed the new contract so I can cancel the old one without penalty and after Ofcom's decision with BT regarding part of the advanced payment refund, it will be me sending in the debt collectors.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

You probably should call them and specifically say you don’t want the new contract and to revert to your previous one. The new contract will become binding after the cooling off period of it if you are using the service detailed in it, whether or not you sign it. Previous cases (not with VM but of this non signed contract yet using the services on it) have gone to court and been upheld.

Not trying to intimidate you etc with it, just stating the outcomes of decisions you make so you are informed of what you are doing.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos