Menu
Highlighted
fivosts
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Last bill after cancellation

Hello,

I have a 12-month VIVID-50 contract which ends at 29th of August, 2019. I called Virgin Media on July 21st to tell them that I want to cancel my contract beyond the 12-month period. The cancellation was activated (I received confirmation mails etc.).

However, yesterday I received a 42 pound bill for the period of 1-30 September. I read on terms and conditions that you have to give 30 days of notice for cancellation, which apparently, I did (more than 30 days actually). Why do I have to pay for September since I called at least 30 days before to inform that I want my contract terminated after 29th of August ?

Would you please enlighten me if there is something that I'm missing ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Last bill after cancellation

Sorry to hear of this Fivosts, you should be paying a month in advance but as you have put a cancellation request in then this should have been stopped and a final bill produced for August.

I would like to take a further look into your account and find out why this has happened to your account, please reply to my private message with the requested details and I can look into this for you.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
fivosts
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,
Replied in private message.
Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for providing me with the information to access your account. Please see the below example

Example Final Bill Situation

• You give a disconnection date on the 2nd of the month to cancel on the 1st of the next month.
  • The bill date for your month in advance is generated on the 20th to be debited on the 6th of the following month
  • The services disconnect on the 30th.
  • The DD that was pending at the time as the due date is after this date is cancelled.
  • The final bill is adjusted to accommodate for the period in which you should pay for.
  • 2-3 working days after the disconnection, the relevant final bill amount is generated.

I hope this makes sense to you as that is the way that it has just been explained to me. Please feel free to come back to me and I can get this looked into further. 

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos