Menu
Castiger1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation cancelled by VM because of lack of VM budget

having watched VM install cable on my estate a couple of years ago, for some reason they stopped short 4 houses down from mine. Since then I have constantly received mailshots suggesting I join up. As my BT broadband service is abominable, I bit the bullet and paid carphone warehouse my deposit after being told that I could definitely have VM.

The surveyor came from VM and asked where the cable was - I told him we didn't have one - he found that indeed, despite his records saying we did, we didn't.

I was then told that the contractors had advised the whole street had been done and therefore they would have to get back to them to finish the work. I was then told that too long a time had passed so now they would have to apply for permission to dig the street up.

I then got a cancellation email from carphone warehouse some 3 months after the initial order was placed. On ringing VM we were told that it was too expensive to install cable to my property!!!!!

My question therefore is - why aren't the contractors that failed to complete the work in the first place paying for this?

Why am I still receiving mailshots from VM if they clearly aren't going to install to my property?

I feel sorry for the poor lady that got my husband yesterday morning when he rang to complain - she didn't have any answers or information at all!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation cancelled by VM because of lack of VM budget

Hi Castiger1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. it's great having you on board with us even if you're not able to get services with us. 

As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. 

It could be that the Local Authority only gave permission for a certain section of the street to be dug up or that Wayleave permission was denied between your property and the last property we cabled. 

Either way if budget costs exceed to install you, the address would remain as non serviceable. 

I understand it's frustrating when you're unable to get a more in depth answer however we don't really see that information once the serviceability has been declined.

Apologies once again and good luck going forward. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Castiger1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Kath. Unfortunately I was told by one of your senior surveyors that the contractors had reported the whole street done as instructed. So I don’t understand why the contractors are not bearing the cost as they hadn’t fulfilled their contract.
As we are clearly not going to be allowed VM could you please remove me from your mailing lists?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

would be good if the contractors cam back out but the cost of running the cables, permits would cost a fortune so wouldn't be cost effective, also the mail shots you get are they addressed to you or just the householder?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Castiger1

Thanks for coming back to us.

As a non customer you can opt out of Marketing on the following link:

Optout

If we have your details as a previous attempt to set an account up has not been successful then please send me a PM with:

• Your name
  • Your full address

I can then look at this for you.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos