Menu
frankbinks
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How to move to a new package?

On Monday of this week I received a letter to say that my contract has ended, but I could switch to a new package "at a great price - just call 0345 454 1111". I have spent many hours trying this number all week, and just occasionally it gets answered, but the member of staff is unable to give me the package which is suggested in the letter. The letter says I can have a package similar to the one I am on for £59 a month for 18 months. I also says that if I was a new customer, the price would be £42 - nice to know that loyal customers are being penalised.  Also it is not possible to amend my package on the website. Can you tell me why I would choose to continue to pay £64.79, going up to £68.29 on 1st March, when you can offer me the same package for £59?  In all the problems you are having with the virus, no staff available to answer customer queries etc., why not automatically move customers to the new package, and send them an email to tell them? 

Thanks,

Frank Binks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to move to a new package?

Hi frankbinks

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply.

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months. We know 2020 was a difficult year for many people and so we decided not to rise our cable prices last year. 

Over the last year our customers have been using their services more than ever, and data use on our network has increased by up to 95%. With many people working from home and relying on our services to keep in touch with family and friends, it’s been even more vital that we keep people connected.

We need to continue investing in our network to meet this demand and ensure our broadband service continues to deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK. We’re investing more than £1bn in our network – helping to improve performance and reliability for our customers.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
frankbinks
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dear John_GS,

Thanks for your reply.  I must have failed to explain my problem correctly. It's the fact that I received a letter offering me a cheaper package, telling me how to get that package ( phone 0345 454 1111 ), but the staff I eventually speak to are unable to give me that package ( the computer says NO! ). It's an admin problem that is so frustrating. The point I was trying to make is why don't you automatically move customers to the cheaper package, rather than make them jump through impossible hoops? Especially now when you have to wait hours to get someone to answer the phone, interspersed with messages to use the website instead, when I have already tried that, and got the message that you can't make changes to your package on-line.

I look forward to hearing from you further.

Frank Binks 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We're not able to do package changes from here,  Frank. 

Please either call us on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or text us on 07533051809 and we can assist further. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team.

We wouldn't be able to move you to a plan without speaking to you first.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
frankbinks
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dear John_GS,

I have just rung 150, got straight through to someone, and they updated my package with no problem.  You are obviously a miracle worker!!

Many thanks,

Frank Binks

0 Kudos